PDA

View Full Version : Software Installation Problems

INOV8Pro
04-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Why is nothing easy when it comes to software?

Ok, I got the 3890 build CD for Widows XP from Newtek and loaded that baby into my computer. I then loaded all of the content CDs onto my DVE drive. After that I ran the Core Updater.

After this I ran autoconfig. At the end of the autoconfitg it asked me if I wanted to disable the drive indexing in wndows because it said it could creat performance problems when writing video to a drive. I hit the yes button. (Not sure if this was the best thing to do)

Then I tried to run VT2. Up popped a window that said something to the effect that this was the first time the program had been run. It asked me if I would like it configured. Not knowing it was autoconfig again I hit yes. When I hit the Enter button to exit autoconfig I got the following message:

Your last T{2} session did not exit cleanly. Exit all modules. Would you like to config. (something like that) I hit yes and up popped the second message.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
C:/videoToaster2/T[2].exe
abnormal program termination

Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Paul

eon5
04-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Where I can enabled the drive indexing in W2K?

Any help is welcome.

Dan Hong
04-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Right click on the drive. Go to properties. It's at the bottom of the screen.

SBowie
04-22-2003, 04:10 PM
But for your video drives, at the very least, you want indexing DISabled, not ENabled.

eon5
04-23-2003, 09:55 AM
And... still here!

I log like Administrator (W2K) and VT2 works fine... but when login like any user: C++ Runtime Library Error

:confused:

Another trouble:
SX8 doesnt genlock.
Im using a backburst signal and tried a Horita BSG-50 Blackburst sync gen too... but VT2 doesnt genlock the video out signal!

Any help is welcome :)

Paul Lara
04-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by eon5
SX8 doesnt genlock.
Im using a backburst signal and tried a Horita BSG-50 Blackburst sync gen too... but VT2 doesnt genlock the video out signal!

To genlock the SX-8, you must purchase the $495 genlock daughter card (still in Beta, and currently on back-order).

Dan Hong
04-23-2003, 10:39 AM
In Windows2k, you have to have administrator level access to use the VT.

eon5
04-23-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
To genlock the SX-8, you must purchase the $495 genlock daughter card (still in Beta, and currently on back-order).

:confused:

I bought a VT2 board with SX8.
Need to work in a postproduction environment making video capture and playouts.
The video material is maked in VT2 and Adobe AEffect.

Then I need to record this videoclips in a D2 video recorder (SonY).

BUt... the VT2 output signal (component out) doesnt have sync in the D2 reference monitor!

What i must do to work without any sync problems?

Tkx in advance.

Paul Lara
04-23-2003, 11:02 AM
What i must do to work without any sync problems?

Easy enough.
Take a composite output from your VT[2] and use that as the deck's Sync input.

eon5
04-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Tks Paul and sorry... i dont understand.

You said
"To genlock the SX-8, you must purchase the $495 genlock daughter card"

But Im using a backburst signal: Horita BSG-50 Blackburst sync gen in the SX8 sync IN (preferences>sync terminator>on)

You said:
"Take a composite output from your VT[2] and use that as the deck's Sync input"

Why?
Im using blackburst sync in ALL the postproducion suite machines (This bburst sync D2, Digibeta, Jaleo, AVID DS,etc without any problem) and VT2 doesnt genlock the video out signal.

:confused: :confused: :(

Jim Capillo
04-23-2003, 12:42 PM
What Paul meant was to sync the deck TO the Toaster by sending a reference signal to the deck.

Paul Lara
04-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Tks Paul and sorry... i dont understand.

VT internally generates its own synch signal, so all inputs on the SX-8 need neither genlock nor TBC to work.

If, however, you must have VT synch to House, then, yes you'll need to purchase the optional Genlock card, which receives house sync, and bases all VT output on that timing.

Jim read my suggestion correctly, that without the genlock card, you could run a composite output to the deck instead of house sync, and then it'd record fine.

eon5
04-23-2003, 05:22 PM
Yes... I must have VT synch to House and and must have bases all VT output on that timing.

Another questions... only SX8 need that?

Will I use not the SX8 but the standart VT cables and to have House sync?

You know... the component, composite, genlock cable that becomes with the VT (if you dont buy SX8).

Paul Lara
04-23-2003, 05:24 PM
You'll still need (and can still install) the Genlock without SX-8; it's a daughtercard that connects to the side of the VT hardware, and then uses the black cable to read house synch.

eon5
04-24-2003, 01:48 PM
How i can purchase the optional Genlock card?

"still in Beta, and currently on back-order"
ok, so... when will optional genlock card ship?

I need to work with the VT! :(