PDA

View Full Version : LW7.5 Uping The Resolution

Paul Orwig
08-01-2004, 10:23 PM
In LW7.5 in the COMPOSITING under the scene tab, when I bring in an RTV,AVI or still images, the files resolution is higher than LW will allow me to see it as. I have a RTV video file that is 4096X3112 and I only see 720X576, I can not composite any LW object over my video because of this issue, what do I need to do to fix this?

Is there another method of bringing in Uncompressed RTV and such into LW without the BACKGROUND/COMPOSITING tabs?

Anyone.....

Paul:)

Mylenium
08-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Did you set your camera resolution properly? LW will downsample everything it displays anyway while working (max. width 1024 pixels due to OpenGL) but it should display everything and once it renders everything should be ok.

Mylenium

Triple G
08-02-2004, 12:20 AM
That's odd. To test it out, I just brought in a .jpg as a backdrop with those exact pixel dimensions, and it displayed the full image as it should have in the camera view. Not sure what could be causing your problems....does it only happen with certain types of files, or for any file at that resolution that you try to use?

If all else fails, perhaps you could bring in the video and apply it as a texture to a polygon which is parented to and targeted at the camera?

Paul Orwig
08-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Well I just tested the TGA image and it worked. I guess you can't do RTV images huh?

Thanks again,

Paul

toby
08-02-2004, 10:04 PM
A 4k RTV image sequence (it's not a still, is it?) takes way too much ram for LW to display reliably. It would be a dog to work with anyway, can you make a proxy video file at 720?

Paul Orwig
08-05-2004, 05:36 PM
It is a 4K TGA image that I used and it worked. I was also wondering, what the heck is a 2K and 4K. How would I use the 4K to my advantage in LW? I normally would have maybe 1hr of RTV, but cut it down to like 100 frames at a time using Aura and then clip them together in Toaster, that way I save my memory, cause I know how much memory is used with Aura.

Any suggestions....

P.S. There are links from UBL to Iraq.

But I don't want to get on a political conversation here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As for me and my house hold, I am voting for BUSH.

toby
08-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Yes, there's been communication but not cooperation. If it meant anything the Bush administration would talk about it all the time, but they don't.

Paul Orwig
08-06-2004, 02:30 PM
I'll say one more thing and then quit about BUSH/KERRY.

A friend of my brother at his work said that when the first plane hit the WTC when Bush was in the class room that the secret service guy said( from Kerry),"We're under attack!" The secret service guy actually said,"A plane just hit the WTC!" That's why Bush didn't re-act quicker than Kerry said he would. If Bush knew that a terrorist ran a plane into the WTC, he would have jumped out of that seat and took care of. This friend of my brother, know the Bush family very well before Bush was governor of Texas.

I'm always interested on both sides of the story, but I just don't like it when the Dems throw stuff out there like Kerry did, to make Bush seem like he didn't care. If Bush didn't care, the Iraq war would be like it was during the Clinton Adimistration. Saddam would still be in power if Al Gore would have won, which he didn't fairly. There were no vote screw ups, Dems are mad that Rep won that is the bottom line.

I'll read what others will say, but I'll post no more. I just read what was on the bottom of your signature.
But hey, thanks for posting this topic and LW. I really appreciate it.

toby
08-06-2004, 10:08 PM
First and foremost I really appreciate your civility on this topic, it is pretty uncommon.

I personnally think that the schoolroom event is a non-issue, we don't know what words were spoken to Bush, including whether he was only told that the wtc was hit by an airplane, the Bush Admin isn't even claiming that.

But doesn't it bother you that every claim that the BA made to drag us into a $200 billion dollar bloody viet-nam turned out to be completely untrue? WMD, links to AlQueda, Nuclear deals in Africa, they believe foreign intelligence (British) instead of our own, etc., etc - and foreign nations hate the US more than ever. Go ahead and ask the people on this forum. Sabre-rattling and waving the flag briskly does not make you safer, it just makes for more war - and that's all that Bush has done. Not to mention handing Halliburton a blank check - who do you think is going to pay for that?