PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Lightwave/Aura artists

agv
03-31-2003, 05:56 PM
I am producing a short independent comedy called "The Santa Claus Happy Tyme Show". It's shot on DV and blends string puppetry with a heavy use of digital compositing and effects. We are nearing the completion of shooting and have begun to post the effects, but we need additional artists beyond myself and the few others involved. We are looking for talented 3D and compositing artists who have their own system with Lightwave or Aura.

Because this is a self-funded project, there isn't any pay. I realize that I probably just scared away most of the people reading this...but I need to mention that up front. A couple dozen people have already donated their talents for this project so they could gain experience and receive credit in the film (which will be entered into numerous festivals).

If you are interested in seeing a completed scene, please visit http://www.santashow.com and check out the clip on "The Plot" page. It's best viewed with a fast connection and with your monitor contrast set high. You can also learn a little more about the production on the "Behind ze Magic" page.

If you have any questions, or think you might be interested in working on the project, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Alex George