PDA

View Full Version : My DP Macs renders twice as fast!

UncleBob
03-31-2003, 03:55 PM
I have been recently testing ScreamerNet Controller on OSX by the clever Jon Baker on my DP macs with an architectural scene. I know this app has been covered before by various threads but didn't know that you can run 2 copies of LWSN on one DP mac (scenes set to 1 thread) and get the speed that I am seeing. I am testing the free Lite version which has allowed me to render 1 node with the controller and also render directly in LW at the same time on the same mac.

The scene that was taking 20mins per frame to render using what i thought was both processors to the max in LW only, still renders in 20mins but using the Controller and LW at the same time renders 2 frames. Easy as pie to set up as well.

Great App Jon.

http://www.catalystproductions.cc/screamernet/index.html

Ade
04-01-2003, 08:14 AM
please ellaborate.
I have found setting up LWSN hard.
I have a DP mac and would like it to see both cpu's.

UncleBob
04-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Ade,

If you download the free lite version ScreamerNet Controller for OSX, instructions come with it. Took me about 10mins to set up on 1 DP mac - worked first time.

I must admit, i have had problems in the past using just LWSN working over a network - but have yet to try it networked with ScreamerNet Controller. I'm keen to do this with 2 copies of LWSN per DP mac.

If you do have problems setting it up, drop me an e-mail and I will gladly help you sort it out.

[email protected]