PDA

View Full Version : Newtek.....how about more workable view

prospector
07-31-2004, 02:51 AM
How about a view that shows the modeler poly setup in layout?

Yes you can do it if you set the setting to 0 but then you don't get the Sub'D view.

But in the properties window there is a setting for color edges in rendering that should be brought to the layout view options.
As you can see by pics that the textured wireframe view is no help when setting morphs.....BUT....with the actual poly (modeler view) in layout (like rendered pic) it would be sooooooo easy to grab just the right poly to move.

As it is now I have to color the polys a different surface color to see which are acting up and need to be fixed. (As seen in the shoulder area), and going thru 26 different colors to return to the texture view is really a pain in the butt.

prospector
07-31-2004, 02:55 AM
Oh yea, and a side question to anyone....

How do I remove the light shining thru the nostrils?

faulknermano
07-31-2004, 03:11 AM
raytrace shadows... ?

omeone
07-31-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by prospector
Oh yea, and a side question to anyone....

How do I remove the light shining thru the nostrils?

Two things that help me a little (not always)
Turn off subpatche mode and check to see if the inner nostril polys to poke out backwards through the front of the nose
and double-side them.

Im not even sure how much these help and they definitely dont make sense, I seem to have less problems this way and just always do it as a matter of course now...

Matt
07-31-2004, 04:34 AM
could also place two negative point lights up his nose!!!

toonafish
08-02-2004, 07:09 AM
you could make a screendump or use "UV-imaginator" ( check Flay ) of your UV's and use it as a temp colormap while tweaking your morphs.

Fish
http://www.toonafish.nl

prospector
08-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Tried doubleside

No go

tried neg lights
no joy there either as they shine thru other way and effect the outside skin even at smallest light spread possable.:(

did the map thingy (OK cept where polys get tight (like around eyes and lips)). did the show cages (but they go to the inside of the model where ya can't see them anyways),

Karmacop
08-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Do your nostrils have polys at the top or are they holes? They need polys so cast shadows.

prospector
08-02-2004, 10:29 AM
fully inclosed,( there needs to be a place boogers grow):)
also when mouth is closed the inside is just as lit up.
And it is fully inclosed and tried ALL polys in model to double sided and no joy.

Karmacop
08-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Do you have raytrace shadows on? ...

faulknermano
08-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Karmacop
Do you have raytrace shadows on? ...

thats what i said... :D

prospector
08-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Tried all kind of lights under all shadow settings and with all lights above the head and slightly behind.

Strange

somnambulance
08-02-2004, 05:30 PM
So... raytrace shadows on?

prospector
08-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Ahh
you guys was right

Was shadows...on the render panel
had to check button and not just in light panel

I did slap my mouse for dragging my hand and unchecking it when LW8 got here..

BAD MOUSE!!!!!:D