PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Siggraph passes

pixeltek
07-30-2004, 09:56 AM
I wonder if Newtek will make any complimentary Siggraph passes available this year. I was told to hold my horses and wait for an announcement. It's getting kind of late to make travel arrangements. Will there be an announcement? Did I miss it maybe?

pixeltek

http://www.cosmic-pearl.com/

Exper
07-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Take a look at this funny Thread (note the date of the Post):
Free SIGGRAPH Passes...Last Day!
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26347

Sorry Proton... nothing personal...
but it sound like you're making a fool of us! ;)

pixeltek
07-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. Those who kept telling me to wait..and wait... obviously were in the dark as much as I was.

I immediately (just moments ago) took advantage of Newtek's generous offer and entered the guest number and was confirmed for my free pass, just as I am writing this.

Thanks again - you've saved the day - no, made my day

Karl

Exper
07-30-2004, 11:13 AM
You're welcome!

I cannot go to Siggraph... unfortunately; but I'm happy for the new deadline (if someone is reading... and ready to grasp the last ones).

Maybe a public announcement (not only here in the Forum) should help someone out there (in the world) to reach the Siggraph site! ;)

Chuck
07-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Apologies for our late notice on the SIGGRAPH sign-up. Please understand that if Proton had been provided the information sooner he would have posted it sooner, and that the information was posted with the intention of giving folks a chance to sign up rather than just considering it too late to post.

[Edited by the Moderator - er, um, that's me isn't it? - CB ;)]

Chuck
07-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Since the link is still working, we'll try to get buttons placed on the NewTek front page and the front LightWave page.

Exper
07-30-2004, 11:36 AM
I've been a little rude (in the last months)... I know and I'm sorry!

But... I don't really understand!

I simply think: "NT doesn't make a public announcement in the site HomePage... then let Proton to keep the big burden a day before the deadline?"

Now we discover that the deadline isn't the real deadline (it was 28 Jul.)!

Ok... it's really good!

But it was a casual discover... and a customer casual discover "drive" the Site HomePage?

It's not pleasant, as a customer, to find so many contradictions.

We love LW and we're the most loyal users (you know... Chuck) but sometimes we put the head out of the fence and scream:
"Hey... I'm here!"

agrippa
07-30-2004, 11:54 AM
I have missed the past couple Siggraph's, so a big thank you to Proton and NT for getting me excited enough to get back in the game. Really looking forward to talking with the Battlestar folks. Glad to see that LW is still being used to great effect on cool properties.

agrippa

Chuck
07-30-2004, 11:56 AM
I can certainly understand the frustration - things do fall through the cracks here sometimes. We are working on ways that, in a small company where each of us has multiple hats, things are better organized and consistently accomplished with nothing falling through the cracks. 'Til we manage that, we hope you can bear with us.

Apologies that my response was a little harsh. I'll edit it.

Exper
07-30-2004, 12:05 PM
I'll surely bear with all of you...
hoping to see all that cracks closed very soon...
and waiting for a blazing LW era! ;)

pixeltek
07-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi Chuck

Better late than never, and I do understand what's going on. This was definitely not a priority among all of the balls that are being currently juggled at NewTek. However, I did email you sometime back with that question. I assume you were just overcome by events. Anyway, all's well that ends well, and I thank you and NT for offering the passes.

Next year, on pains of pissing you off, I'll ping on you again, but earlier, just to make sure that we find out about the potential availability of passes with plenty of time to make the rest of the arrangements, should passes be on hand. (Even more important in 2006 - Boston).

Sincerely and looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the crew in LA,

Karl
pixeltek

Chuck
07-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Events do seem to be more overcoming than ever lately ;) - apologies that I didn't get back to you, I didn't have the info and did lose track in the sweep of other tasks.

Do feel free to ping me next time, and I'll see if I can get the info located and out to the public as soon as we receive it.