PDA

View Full Version : Startup restes all my windows!

Tabu
07-30-2004, 06:30 AM
It a rather small, but annoying problem, and im sure there is a solution for this.

Whenever I start up lightwave, everything is set back to standard setting, I have two monitors, and use my secondary monitor to have all my windows in (like the numerick input window, the point statistics and layers). Everytime modeler (or layout) is started, all thees windows are back on monitor one, and I have to move them manually to my secondary monitor, also modeler is restored down and made fit the screen, id like this to be maximized from the start!

Does anyone know how to fix this litttle problem of mine?
I use LW 7.5!

BeeVee
07-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi Tabu! :)

Are your config files write protected?

B

Tabu
07-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi :D
Where would I find my config files?
I doubt that they are write protected, I dont know how I should have done that? Altho I was pretty drunk no to long ago ;)

I unprotected my entire LightWave library, no probelm solved!

BTW, I Got in on the Danish School of Design :D :D So now im back to school (soon) :D

BeeVee
07-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Phew! I can breathe again! :) Have you had to eat more cinema tickets since May? :)

If you are on a Windows PC, then, by default you will find the configs in Documents and Settings\[user]\

On a Mac, it will be Users:[user]:library:preferences

Where [user] in both cases is the name you logged in as...

B

Tabu
07-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Well, I have been so lucky as to win the ticket contest since then.. But tonight im gooing to see Arthur, might be my lucky night ;)

I checked the config files.. none of them are write protected?

Well, maybe its just my computer giving me a fuzz.. havent been sweet-talking to it for a while :)

BeeVee
07-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Have you re-directed your configs elsewhere? It may be that those configs are old and you actually have a directory of others somewhere?

B

Tabu
08-09-2004, 02:13 AM
Sorry for the time that went by :(
I went on vacation, and things got a little hectic at the end!

I have decided to reinstall everything from scratch one of theese days. Just have to figure out how to save all my own settings, surfaces etc. So I dont have to do everything again! Thx for the help!

hunter
08-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Are you using an ATI vdeo card?

Tabu
08-09-2004, 01:35 PM
No.. Im using GeForce4 TI 4800 SE!