PDA

View Full Version : feature requests

durden
03-31-2003, 12:33 PM
--Advanced hardbody/softbody dynamics.

--growth tool --in lots of commercials and animations I see the use of growth techniques such a sapling growing into a tree, a seed into a flower, or vine growth. Say that I want to show the growth of veins in an arm or grow vines. I would love to see this integrated into lightwave. I have used morph maps but some of this is just impossible to animate. I would love to see a growth tool.

--Presets, Presets, Presets
-More surface presets --including hdri presets

-Preset Animated Particle effect emitters- campfire, scorced earth, blow up planet, various other explosions, ceiling fire, smoke stack, engine smoke, smoke on a path, fireworks, among others

--preset ground plane with accept shadow function and able to render alpha with object with and without ground plane

-object spray paint --lots of times I have to create a quick scene where a product will say sit on some rocks, in grass, among others I would love to be able to quickly draw on some objects with a spray tool.This could be done through a library set that people submit objects to. Or I could create some rocks save them in the library then randomly generate them on a plane with a spray tool. Then next time I need to create something I have a library that I can easily call up.

--Improved snake plug-in so that the object can be bent accurately in all directions without the polygons flipping. Using bones and morph mapping is complex and cumbersome. Say I want to create knot with the tool it is impossible.

--break it and explode it plug-in--could be integrated into hardbody dynamics, break an object like a rock or egg and then have options to explode it.

auto charachter rigger- maybe buy one that is third party and integrate it.

harhar
03-31-2003, 07:07 PM
Snake plugin ? Like allow an object's bending to be controlled by a spline?

Goundplane, I would like an option to trigger an infinite ground plane in layout.

growth tool, isn't that just morph? Like morph from a seed to a flower.

durden
03-31-2003, 07:59 PM
Lightwave has a serpent plug-in I wrote snake. I believe, it was a plug-in written by a third party years ago which allows you to simulate snake movements(conform to a path). The plug-in is very limited and does not allow for complex animations. There is a more complex way to do it I do it this way but it is cumbersome and time consuming.

I am still learning the morph mixer but from what I understand you need to have the same amount of point on two objects to morph between them, basically all you do is change the object in a second morph map then save the object and call up the morph mixer in layout and use the slider to control the morph. This is an incredibly useful tool...however making a tree that starts from a sapling seems to be a daunting task for me, especially with all the nuances that it entails..
If you know of an easier way to do this please tell?

Mylenium
03-31-2003, 10:54 PM
Hi there,

As for a "growth" plugin - there is always XFrog. It's not too expensive and if you can live with its limitations this certainly is the way to go. Also I have to say apart from Maya's PaintFX I haven't seen something similar natively implemented in any program.

Mylenium

durden
03-31-2003, 11:11 PM
I would love to see growth implemented, I think it would have tremendous potential and interest.

Sensei
04-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by durden
I would love to see growth implemented, I think it would have tremendous potential and interest.

Take a look at StalkGenerator from http://www.polas.net/

You might talk with author to send you alpha version...