PDA

View Full Version : Realtime Titles Over Live Feed

akota
07-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Hello,

I am wondering if the VT3 will support real time titles over a live video feed. I have someone who currently takes his video feed in and does chroma key to super impose titles over the video. The reason for the chroma key is he's using Power Point titles and he has to remove the background for the video to show through. I'm thinking there has to be a way to do it without chroma key, simply lay the titles over the feed. The key thing is the titles have to be changed relatively quickly on the fly. Titles will typically only last a few seconds each.

Thanks,

Jason

Jim Capillo
07-28-2004, 08:11 PM
I haven't done it live, but I think you can simply load them in a DDR and fire away.....

Paul Lara
07-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by akota
I am wondering if the VT3 will support real time titles over a live video feed. The key thing is the titles have to be changed relatively quickly on the fly. Titles will typically only last a few seconds each.

Yes, Jason, VT[3] does a superb job of this.
Instead of having to use a clunky luma key, VT[3] fully supports alpha channel pages, meaning you can instantly have transparency, and transparent gradients (something keying cannot provide).

Loading title pages into a Digital disk recorder, you can fade them in and out, or switch between them with one mouse click.

SCS
07-28-2004, 10:28 PM
IF you were to use 2 computers networked together (1 PowerPoint, 1 VT) & sharing a folder...

then IF PowerPoint supported alpha channels on exported pngs (which I don't think it does)...

and most importantly, IF you were able to constantly overwrite the same png file and have VT accept the update (curiously, you can make a png file, use Quick Player or a DDR to view it, then delete the file, make a new png and save it with the same name as the old one - and the old one will still be viewable :confused: )...

Then you would be able to load one png file and by constantly updating it <kinda> accomplish what a Chyron does...

Maybe someone else has figured out the last part...