PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 3D 8 Cartoon Character Creation Books

art
07-28-2004, 01:26 PM
I know, this is not wordware's forum, but are there any estimates when the 2 books on the cartoon/character creation will be published?

Wordware stated it as "May/June 2004". I understand there was probaly some dalay due to the splitting of one book in 2 volumes...

I just can't wait to get my hands (and eyes) them :)

For those who don't know yet, go preorder yours too (at a discount):
http://www.wordware.com/lightwave/

kurv
10-29-2004, 10:30 AM
UPDATE!!

Okay the books are shipping from the printer to us today! We will have them next week and will be shipping all orders then.

If you ordered from us you will get your books before the book stores do!!

Also...

We are extending our special... buy now through when the books arrive and get BOTH books for the price of one here -> http://www.wordware.com/cartoon/ this is an exclusive online special so the site DOES NOT reflect the special price.

Under coupons enter SPINQUAD to get both books at 50% off retail!!

Limited time offer now through November 3rd!

TOXIC-3D
11-15-2004, 07:05 PM
I was just wondering where they are then if they were being shipped "next week" as you stated..?

I ordered myself a set on the 30th, and its been over 2 weeks since then and I still haven't had the money taken out of my account which leads me to believe that there haven't been any books shipped "next week" as you also stated..?

:confused:

art
11-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Well, Amazon already sells it, so do bunch of other places (if you click on buy used&new on amazon)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1556222548/qid=1100620762/sr=8-5/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i5_xgl14/002-3299177-6043210?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/155622253X/qid=1100621353/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-3299177-6043210?v=glance&s=books

So, our preorders are either on their way to our hands or.. i do not know what happened. I preordered months ago. I thought we would get the books before stores get them (or at least at the same time). Nevertheless, the books are out. We'll get them very soon!

kurv
11-16-2004, 09:26 AM
You should get them before the stores get them... If amazon shows them it does not mean they can ship right now :).

The person here who does the billing's mother passed away the day the shipping was supposed to start... so were about 4 days behind. but they will be all out this week.

sorry for the delay...

art
11-16-2004, 10:26 AM
No problem. I do not really care that much if amazon gets the book before me or not. I just noticed the fact that they already list them on their website, since toxic3d asked

I'm glad the books are out and I'm waiting patiently for them. A few days of delay are not going to hurt me anyway, especially if we consider special circumstances at your billing dept.

Im too busy with my 2 children at home anyway :) Maybe I'll create some cute cartoons for them once I read the books and learn something cool!

UnCommonGrafx
11-16-2004, 10:35 AM
You sure as he!! will!*10 {System won't let you have that many, hehe}

This book is STELLAR. Umm, these books... ;) But to buy one is to cheat yourself as they truly are a contiguous whole in thought.

Working with your own characters will be a treat with this book and Jonny really shares a lot of info from experience -- The "Larry Schultz" of print, as it were.

Truly, we are on our way to lots more lw tds and one-shop animators.

pvillotti
11-19-2004, 02:07 PM
I received the books last week and think they are well worth the money. See the feedback I gave it at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/155622253X/qid=1100898346/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/104-8548650-4250332?v=glance&s=books

TOXIC-3D
11-22-2004, 10:21 PM
"I'm begining to feel all warm & fuzzy..." "Oops, just my leopard skin briefs ride'n up... heh heh heh..."

I just noticed that my card was finally charged the day before last... Sweeeeeeeet...

Hey "Art",... I got ya beat by one. I have twin 3 year ole boys & their 5 year ole sister... With "All The Crap" thats been somehow making it on to the Disney circut these days I can't see how anyone can go wrong with working on some kid oriented projects using these books. Disney's lost touch with touching the imagination of their viewers, mainly kids in the 5 & under range. First Jimmy Newtron came out and I've yet to see a disapointingly created episode... but now Disney's gone over and started pump'n out the ole money machine and as a result there's one show after another with less & less effort towards 3d creation and more towards "hurry up and put something out so we can make More money..." I mean its stupid as hell these days. Theres atleast 5 different shows that I'm aware of that all use the exact same people for the "Audio Tracks". Now my kids are watching a bunch of Weeble Wobbles that don't do a thing other than slide back & forth from scene to scene... Its no wonder Pixar finally woke up...

Toxic'...