PDA

View Full Version : ClothFX help needed

prospector
07-28-2004, 09:01 AM
in following Protons video (after the part about sewing) there is a short display for moving points. (too short)

I have the panel with same settings as video but none of the buttons are highlighted.
I got edit tool clicked and see the points, but he has his 'soft' button checked and mine is shaded out and when I click on it , a popup comes up saying

"Soft (i:MIMG_Downarrow)"
control is disabled OK

What is that??

And I can't move any points.

I want to see if I can do endomorphs using that tool and saving the resulting object as an endomorph. Thereby having the utmost control over the shape of morph.

Also page 665 of manual (just got yesterday and is massive), give 1 paragraph that says activate it and all edit tools will become active.
(well except mine):(

thekho
07-28-2004, 04:34 PM
You need to select the Sewing Tool first then the soft button will show and you can edit tool as you want.

prospector
07-28-2004, 07:05 PM
nope...not it
all stay shaded out

also does same with soft FX
all buttons stay shaded

thekho
07-28-2004, 09:32 PM
mmm...it's strangle. Your problem which is similar and happen to me too when i playing with a dymanics for my first time in couple of weeks ago (see below) but it took me to figure out.

Other way to do. Try Calculate button to see the dynamics and click the Etc Tab then select the Cotton thin (preset). And also check the EditFX tab then the soft button will show.