PDA

View Full Version : How many visit here daily?

tokyo drifter
07-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Just wondering how many regulars there are in this forum.

hrgiger
07-28-2004, 04:16 AM
Quite a few although, spinquad seems to have stolen a few of them.

I've been known to pop in here from time to time....:p

art
07-28-2004, 07:30 AM
hrgiger,

Maybe that would explain why the forum seems to be less active than it used to be, even after the release of [8]

Maybe I should visit spinquad more often.

ps: you are still in the lead :)

Matt
07-29-2004, 02:12 AM
Are you kidding, I moved in here ages ago, I'm paying NewTek rent now! :)

hrgiger
07-29-2004, 02:49 AM
I'm curious as to why Proton started Spinquad anyway. I mean, it's a nice site but why didn't he just improve this one? Now I have 3 sites I feel the need to have to check in daily (although, my main devotion is usually here).

Matt
07-29-2004, 03:28 AM
I think it was because CGTalk went to the wall.

I fluctuate between here and SpinQuad depeneding on which threads I'm following, hardly ever visit CGTalk.

art
07-29-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by hrgiger
I'm curious as to why Proton started Spinquad anyway. I mean, it's a nice site but why didn't he just improve this one?

I had exactly same thoughts. Newtek is the main site I visit (for lw related info). I like spinquad too, but often I forget to visit it. Somehow I dislike cgtalk board/community (no offense to anyone, a lot of good stuff/nice people there)

Im not a regular here in terms of posting (no one would notice my departure, that is) but I am a regular in terms of reading :)

theo
07-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Same thoughts here as to why Proton started SpinQuad.

BUT... I can probably come up with several valid reasons so in the end I dig it. The site has a nice feel to it and I visit it as much as this one.

But there is a sense that SpinQuad is stealing voices and I can imagine that one is tempted to post in both areas to cover all the bases.

hrgiger
07-29-2004, 04:26 PM
When I post somethng as a work in progress, I post it to both forums but I hate having people read the same messages for those who visit both sites. I notice some people left here and use Spinquad exclusively which is too bad.

riki
07-29-2004, 07:02 PM
That's strange, I've gone a bit off CG Talk. But not really sure why. Spinquads is great, pretty relaxed feel.

Also I noticed that Kurv has started a CG Forum. It's still pretty quiet there, I'm not sure if it's been officially opened yet. Anyway check it here

http://www.kurvstudios.com/forum/

Of course I come here every day but then I guess that's probably stating the obvious.

Kuzey
07-29-2004, 07:37 PM
I spend the most of my time here, visiting about 7 - 8 forums.

I only go to cgtalk for the cartoon modelling book thread ;)

As for SpinQuad, I only found out about it a few weeks ago....I just lurk the wip & finished forums for any work that hasn't been posted here :p :p

I guess it's all good for lightwave.

Kuzey

WilliamVaughan
07-29-2004, 10:02 PM
I still visit these forums several times a day....SpinQuad is my Hobby site...It's a place that I get to drive the look and feel....before SpinQuad I spent alot of energy and time over at cgtalk...so there really has been no change to my invlolvement here...

Everyone needs a hobby....mine just happens to be my work as well :)

Cman
07-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Of course, if a person doesn't visit here daily they are unlikely to see, and therefore vote, in this poll. :eek:

JDaniel
07-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I use too, but I've been kinda out of it the past few months. :confused: I pop in every now and then. I usually scan cgtalk,newtek, a couple z brush pros, and recently added spinquad. ;)

theo
07-30-2004, 05:37 AM
It's a conspiracy!!! That's what it is!!:D

Noclar7
07-30-2004, 08:15 AM
I've been away for most of the summer, just poping in every now and again.
I'm a migrate from the newgroups, when they were where its at", (ie just before this forum opened up), but I imagine we will get a bussle in here again once the winter starts to creep in and forces all us northerners indoors again.