PDA

View Full Version : fish eye lens

3dgirl
07-27-2004, 07:32 PM
hi

i am looking to do a project which looks as though it is shot through a fisheye lens. I've found a plug-in that does this sort of (can't see any way of doing it with LW's camera...), but was wondering whether it would be better to put an effect like that on in post?

thanks, anna

scott tygett
07-28-2004, 02:00 AM
Model a ball and give it a 100% reflective surface and point the camera into it? (Ray trace reflection on)

You could also morph between different shapes of ball to get different strengths of fish-eye, or use bones to do this. To turn things around correctly, you would need to reverse everything as a separate pass applied as a texture with a card and negative scale value.

Exception
07-28-2004, 08:54 AM
As far as I know there are several plugins which do this in Post. Look on Flay for it.

faulknermano
07-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by scott tygett
Model a ball and give it a 100% reflective surface and point the camera into it? (Ray trace reflection on)

You could also morph between different shapes of ball to get different strengths of fish-eye, or use bones to do this. To turn things around correctly, you would need to reverse everything as a separate pass applied as a texture with a card and negative scale value.

just remember to mirror the image back horizontally and vertically. :)