PDA

View Full Version : Time Off

gpdesigner
07-27-2004, 07:00 PM
just a little image I was working with as of late...
my second attempt at compositing... terragen background and Lightwave scene... C&C always welcome...
peace
gp

xtremeskier_
07-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Friggin' Beautiful :)

adrian
07-28-2004, 02:57 AM
Yes, it is... except the deckchairs appear to be floating as there are no soft shadows around the legs.

Adrian.

gpdesigner
07-28-2004, 05:02 AM
Thanx for the comps... I know about the chairs... I toiled with that for a while, I lit the scene with radiosity the effect just didn't carry maybe I did something wrong, but what I did was put a spotlight over the chairs to give it some shadow but not enogh to counter the radiosity.. still the chairs are floating... anyway a bit of trivia on this one... it took 44 hrs 36 min to render.. :eek:
I had all the levels pumped up to the max... tough job this shadowing effect
anyway maybe Ill take it in photoshop and retouch it...
gp

ddho1981
07-28-2004, 06:01 AM
agree about the chairs--but they also look like they are pure white. you also have a strange lighting problem along the wall on the right-hand side too. most of it looks good except for those two areas really...

44 hours? what was the resolution of the image?

gpdesigner
07-28-2004, 06:19 AM
res was set to medium high... I did quite a few pre renders on this... I knew going in it would take a few hours to final render, but all the prelim renders seemed alright.....
I am getting some good tips and ideas on this, but not sure if I want to do another 2 day render on this... hard discissions
gp

twister47
07-28-2004, 03:29 PM
I love the color, that background is pretty sweet.

If I had to make a suggestion it would be about those chairs, they just look way too unnatural, way too bright. Try throwing on a wood grain bump and lower the reflect or diffuse (whatever you have making it so bright).

alblil
07-28-2004, 05:49 PM
i like the scene a lot, but...
it seems like the architechure is all about curves, so the door ways dont feel right (maybe its just me)
+ the shoes also dont feel real in the image (probably cause they dont cast shadows) none the less they need work
+i agree with adrian and ddho1981 about the chair, and ddho1981 about the wall

otherwise beautiful picture

koryhz
07-28-2004, 06:26 PM
forget about radiosoty and just add a few more lights.
check the surface settings and try not to have any go to 100% in diffuse. this will keep things from blowing out.

as for the chairs, don't forget you can always add lights with a negitive value to create the shadows.

a scene like this could be done fairly well without the render hit of radiosity.
OH yeah it also looks like you have the ambient set pretty high but I could be wrong. there is just a strange lack of shadows everywhere. I could be the diffuse thing to. If you do feel compeled to use rad. just use BG only.
radiosity should really be the icing .

see ya

gpdesigner
07-29-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by koryhz
as for the chairs, don't forget you can always add lights with a negitive value to create the shadows.

awesome tip.... totally forgot about that...
this may be the key to the image... I will be able to turn down some of the settings, good call koryhz..
and thanx everyone for the input...
I will do a repost of the changes...
gp

Hervé
07-29-2004, 11:30 PM
you need caustics... strong ones....:D

and yes the chairs and shoes are floating...

gpdesigner
08-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the tips and the help with this scene everyone....
I made a few corrections and did a re render... hope you like
gp

miso popovic
08-05-2004, 04:50 AM
i would move the chairs, otherwise a great render!

alblil
08-05-2004, 12:19 PM
looks real now but lost some of its appiel with the loss of the light.

gpdesigner
08-05-2004, 01:03 PM
yeah I know, also the unblurred version has a different spin on it than this one ... I wanted to change the look of it without losing the idea originally had...so I just fuzzed this one out a bit made it warmer ..
I am glad you like it.. it means a bunch
peace
gp

alblil
08-05-2004, 01:39 PM
waht would be real cool is if you made a sunset time. and have the lights to the right active to fill it out more. that would be beautiful, but also play around with this day time shot as that too could look real nice.