PDA

View Full Version : LW animations export to UT2004

conehead
07-27-2004, 01:19 AM
hello,
i'm using the unreal ed since march and i wanna know how to export animations into the unreal ed. example: i create a character for ut2004, how do i start?

please add some plug ins, tutorials and tips cause i dont know anything about. :(

Tima
07-27-2004, 08:40 AM
hi conhead

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~mbristol/

this is the only one solution to export for UT engine
Its good on UT 2k3 engine but i dont know for 2004 edition...

conehead
07-27-2004, 09:36 AM
does it work for ut2003? because the plug in was relesed on 2001. i dont know how to use. are there any tutorial for this plug in?

Red_Oddity
07-27-2004, 01:07 PM
As far as i know it exports PSK and PSA files (introduced with i believe the last bonus pack for UT99, hence the date of the plugins), which, i think are still used by current UT version...

As for tutorials :

www.polycount.com
http://www.planetunreal.com/epicknights/

Lamont
07-27-2004, 04:11 PM
I started a tutorial while I was at work.. I will try to get as much done as possible. AFAIK, there are no LW specific tutorials for characters start to finish.

Here is a large portion of what you need to do :) Disregard the heiarchy right now...

oDDity
07-27-2004, 04:56 PM
It's a heck of a lot easier to use 3DS Max and the ActorX plugin. That way you can download the original UT bipeds and models and use those as templates, so you can also use the original animation sets and add any new ones you need.
It really isn't worth the bother messing around in Lightwave with those hacked plugins, wen you can just download the free version of Max.

Lamont
07-27-2004, 07:34 PM
This isn't about Max. I know how to do it in Max, it's easy and there have been exports for Max since version 3. This is about using LW. I can be just as easy in LW with the RIG file.

The Unreal SKL export does work. Just not with 8 I just found out... kinda lame, but oh well. I did ask for an update to the plug. I really hope it does get updated.

The bones and animation come in just fine, the mesh is what's screwed up.