PDA

View Full Version : "Not Enough Points Selected"

DaytonaLW
07-26-2004, 09:04 PM
This is driving me nuts! First, yes, I'm a newbie. I'm getting this intermittent problem when I try to make polygons. Sometimes(actually often), no matter what the Polygon setting(ie. Triangles, Quads, Auto) I get the "Not Enough Points Selected" pop-up. For example, I select 3 points, I verify that 3 have been selected, my Polygon setting is Triangle, I click "Make Polygon" and I get the message! I've tried to change all of the settings. The only thing that corrects it is restarting Modeler. Then it's fine, of course.

Please help me regain my sanity. There must be a way around this.

Thanks.

colkai
07-27-2004, 03:44 AM
If you're using LW[8], there was a thing with the 'new' make poly not working, you need to locate the older version and try this. Set your 'p' shortcut to use this and see if it helps.
You want to use the 'make poly' from the 'create' section in the menu layout, not the one from 'modeller tools'.
It isn't set up by default, so you'll need to go into 'configure menus' to do it.

digimassa
07-27-2004, 04:34 AM
:cool:
points are on the same layer?

DaytonaLW
07-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks for your help. I am using LW8, as you guessed. I located the older "Make Polygon" as you suggested and made it available for me to try next time I get the error. Strange error, eh? I'm sure that I'll find many more as I learn LW.

Thanks a lot,

DaytonaLW

colkai
07-27-2004, 12:09 PM
No problem! :)