PDA

View Full Version : Hotlist

Dick Nelson
03-30-2003, 08:42 PM
As a new user, I'm rather baffled by the fact that Hotlist shortcuts in the file bin don't carry over from session to session. They're kind of pointless, it seems to me, if you have to reenter them every session. Am I doing something wrong? Or simply not doing something I should?

Paul Lara
03-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Something's not right, Dick.
Hotlists should, of course, remain for that user once they're entered.

ted
03-30-2003, 10:09 PM
Mine are staying put even after a computer reboot.

creach
03-31-2003, 09:32 AM
We have a number of different users that must log onto the machine.
Toaster saves their desktop configs completely...open modules, backgrounds and skins, hotlist, folder colors...everything.

Dan

Jim Capillo
03-31-2003, 10:48 AM
Same here........

Dick Nelson
03-31-2003, 08:48 PM
It seems like sometimes they're saved and sometimes not. What definitely is NOT saved, however, are the aliases we give file folders for easier identification.

wvp
03-31-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by creach
We have a number of different users that must log onto the machine.
Toaster saves their desktop configs completely...open modules, backgrounds and skins, hotlist, folder colors...everything.

Dan

Guess I haven't paid attention to this one before. How do you "log on" to the Toaster as different users?? I don't think I've seen that before.

Keith Gandy
03-31-2003, 10:22 PM
Dick,

Just so that you don't feel alone, we have had the same problem. I have never figured it out, but lately it seems to have "cured" itself. Additionally, we find that the latest project files are not stored in the Ted drop-down list when we start up the computer the next day. Strange.

mrjaialai
04-01-2003, 02:26 PM
The only time I've had the hotlist dissappear is when I've gone to a new build.

Dick Nelson
04-19-2003, 01:38 PM
Just renewing my plea for some help on this one. We still have the problem. I've tried everything I can think of. I've used the "Store #" option to store the desktop configurations, I've used "Save" with a name under the Configuration Module. Nothing works. Oddly, as it stands now, three Hotlist items that I created a long time ago are still there, but newer ones keep disappearing. And none of the aliases I've entered under folder properties has ever been saved beyond one session.

Paul Lara
04-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by wvp
How do you "log on" to the Toaster as different users?? I don't think I've seen that before.

The Log On function he refers to is that of Windows.
As long as each user logs in and out of Windows, those settings will be preserved on a per-user basis. Very handy for studios where several people share VT.

Paul Lara
04-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Dick Nelson
I've used the "Store #" option to store the desktop configurations, I've used "Save" with a name under the Configuration Module. Nothing works.

Huh?
What happens when you try to re-load that saved configuration, Dick? Does nothing load?

Oddly, as it stands now, three Hotlist items that I created a long time ago are still there, but newer ones keep disappearing. And none of the aliases I've entered under folder properties has ever been saved beyond one session.

Strange indeed. The only thing I know of that causes this is if VT is shut down unexpectedly. You're not shutting down with the Ctrl-v-t hotkey are you?

Dick Nelson
04-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Yes, I have reloaded the saved configuration. I don't know what the Ctrl-v-t key combination is, so I've never used it.

Paul Lara
04-19-2003, 06:57 PM
I'm unsure what would cause your hotlists to disappear once you shut down Toaster.

The Ctrl-v-t hotkey is a way of unceremoniously slamming VT shut if the interface locks up. The only reason I bring it up is that hotlists and a whole host of other user variables are saved upon an orderly exit, so I'm guessing something's wrong with your system's capability to save these on the way out.

??