PDA

View Full Version : Layout 7.5 Lights and Camera keep reseting

shastamcnasty
07-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Hello friendly people of this forum...

I am relativly new to lightwave and i have only been using it about 6 months.

Anyhow, i have a really annoying problem that i can't figure out what to do about it.

Everytime i create a brand new scene, or even in old scenes for that matter, when i move the camera and then move something else the camera resets to it orginal position. Then when i move the camera again, the other thing i have moved resets to it's original position.

I can't do anything. Every time i render a frame, the camera and everything else resets to original positions then renders the frame.

Can anyone please tell me WTF is going on!! This is very frustrating.

Thanks!

Tom Wood
07-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Everything in a scene has to be keyframed into position. Place the timeline indicator on frame 0, select the camera as the 'Current Item' (at bottom of screen) then once you have it where you want it, hit 'Enter' on your keyboard and a popup will ask you if you want to make a keyframe, if the options shown are correct hit 'Enter' again and the camera will be keyframed into position at frame 0 and will stay there. Do the same thing for your lights and other objects that you want to start in a certain position at frame 0. (You can also use the 'Create Key' button at the bottom, but the 'Enter' button on the keyboard can be tapped twice to quickly make a keyframe once you get the hang of it.

TW

Elmar Moelzer
07-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Hello!
You either have to manually create a keyframe after adjusting the camera- position (by hitting enter twice), or you have to turn "Autokey" on.
CU
Elmar

shastamcnasty
07-25-2004, 12:06 AM
Thank you guys!