PDA

View Full Version : Plugins Like (relflow) worth the money

Jamel
07-23-2004, 04:02 PM
iv seen realflow an i am impressed even though when i first bought LW i thought u can do that well my question is are plugins like realflow and mimic 2 worth there price i realy dont want to have to pay 1k and more just to get some water effects i didnt pay that much for my computer let alone Lightwave (education) of corse i mean i realy want it but **** some of these plugins are super expensive (Sas., Mimic an realflow)

is it worth a couple thousands for just one plugin or do u get discounts :D

Mylenium
07-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Ask yourself: How much and how often do you need those effects? From what you are telling here, it seems you are only a student playing around with LW in your spare time and in that case it certainly would be pointless to spend thousands of extra bucks on plugins. You see, you will quite likely fanatically use them in the first half year, but after that you won't be using them as much. Unless you for instance have a serious character animation project, Sasquatch will be sitting on your harddrive unused most of the time. It also seems you haven't managed to explore LW's own feature set to the fullest. It is quite possible to get fluid dynamics with LW and SasLite also can produce nice results, but of course those are not as perfect as RealFlow or the full Sasquatch. You really should first get that part worked out.

Mylenium

Architook
07-26-2004, 03:03 PM
One exception is probably FPrime.. that's a tool you'll use starting the day you get it and you'll use it in every project you work on. Even if you don't use it for final rendering, it'll make your scene tweaking enormously faster.

As for the rest, I agree, don't get a tool until you know you'll need it.

hrgiger
07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Yeah, you don't need it necessarily. But if I had the money to blow, I'd get it of course.