PDA

View Full Version : 3 button mouse

anieves
03-30-2003, 04:40 PM
ok, I bought a new 3 button mouse, the problem is that LW doesn't seem to recognize the 3 buttons. The options for the mouse doesn't include a key map so I can not remap the command key to the right button; any suggestions?

anieves
03-30-2003, 05:00 PM
nevermind, I thinkit is working properly now.

Pensart
03-31-2003, 05:28 PM
All i can say is that i tried the microsoft mouse first but i could not map the 3the button (to work in lw).
Now i bought a logitech and it works GREAT!!

Greetz,
Pensart

tumblemonster
04-01-2003, 12:43 AM
I got a Kensington Optical Elite with five buttons and a scroll wheel. I mapped all the buttons to do my command click menu and rotate and pan tools and what not. The scroll wheel cycles through the move/rotate/etc tools. Works great. My only complaint is it seems to sometimes have a delay between when I click and when the click is actually applied, so sometimes I click something and move the mouse but the click doesn't register until after I move, so whatever I meant to click doesn't. Might be my machine just being slow, too.

-tm

gggraphx
04-03-2003, 02:44 PM
I've got a Kensington PocketMouse Pro that I really like. I'm using it on a 1Ghz PowerBook G4 and am running the latest version of MouseWorks. The problem is, I can't seem to get the RMB pop ups to work. Control-Shift-LMB brings up the pop ups as does Control-Shift-Middle Button, but Control-Shift-RMB doesn't do it.
RMB works fine as a lasso and otherwise seems to work.
Kensington tech support couldn't help.
The kicker is, I hooked up an ancient MacAlly 2-button mouse and it works fine.
Any help is appreciated, maybe it's a PowerBook thing, I'm still getting used to the keyboard configs stuff.
Thank You

gggraphx
04-03-2003, 03:10 PM
I was just fooling around with the Kensington and realized that shift-RMB doesn't work either. This basically makes this mouse unusable for me. I've got to have something set up wrong somewhere.

mlinde
04-03-2003, 04:13 PM
just set up your right mouse to be right mouse button, not with any special key combinations. it works fine for me on my iBook and my desktop mac that way. If you still can't make it work, use the key combo [command]-[control]-[shift]-[left mouse button] to get the right mouse menus the old fashioned way.

gggraphx
04-03-2003, 07:24 PM
The mouse is set up to Right Click with no special modifiers. Must be a conflict somewhere. Like I mentioned, the inability to shift-RMB to add polys is a real deal-killer. Also I just hooked up my Intous Tablet and the mouse works fine. My new mouse will probably not be a Kensington.
Thanks