PDA

View Full Version : Network Renderer for Linux - Where is it ?

wtdedula
07-23-2004, 04:50 AM
Hello All;
I have a real simple question that probably has a simple answer.

I am searching for a way to render a complex lightwave Animation on a 100 node Pentium cluster running Linux at our research facility. We would love to use it to render in minutes what currently takes 4 or 5 days. I have a student working on this now and he has located a news release on this web site that states that a Linux Network Renderer for LW is available on www.newtek.com but he can't locate it and I can't find it either. Here is the link to the press release - http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/07-23-02-c.html

Does anyone know if it still exists as a download or if not, how it can be done? Is there anyplace we can download it, or could someone send it to me if it has taken off the web site ? I called customer support today and they told me it was on the LW7.5 CD but we believe we bought the software before the press release and thus don't think we received it on CD.

I would love to get a response tonite if possible so I could email instructions to my student who can work on it tomorrow. Thanks.

Tim