PDA

View Full Version : Getting work ...

lunarcamel
07-22-2004, 03:22 PM
I've been self employed for a number of years doing various work for TV/interactive etc - and I'm curious to how other people in my situation get work. I've been lucky enough that it falls me my lap consistantly but lately I've wondered what could happen if I actually looked for work. Maybe a small business of some sort ... who knows ;)

I'm sure there's a thread out there but humor me anyways!

lesterfoster
07-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by lunarcamel
I've been self employed for a number of years doing various work for TV/interactive etc - and I'm curious to how other people in my situation get work. I've been lucky enough that it falls me my lap consistantly but lately I've wondered what could happen if I actually looked for work. Maybe a small business of some sort ... who knows ;)

I'm sure there's a thread out there but humor me anyways!

I wish I was in your situation ;)

faulknermano
07-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by lunarcamel
and I'm curious to how other people in my situation get work.

i personally dont find work for the company, but the one who does simply gives out demo reels to every advertising agency, prod house and television stations. we just keep giving them when we get something new to put in. this increases recall, ESPECIALLY, if the reel is good.

that is for cases when the agency, prod house or station doesnt know of us. but when they do, it's just a matter of doing your best when the time comes to bid, and not dropping the ball when you do get the project.

i'm sure there are more and finer ways of marketing. but that's just what i observe.

and oh yeah, a lot of calling asking whether or not they have a project on the line. recall recall and recall. :)

lesterfoster
07-23-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by faulknermano

and oh yeah, a lot of calling asking whether or not they have a project on the line. recall recall and recall. :)

I like your advice:)