PDA

View Full Version : Network Rendering _ windows IP Timeout?

Noclar7
03-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Hello all,

This is more of a Networking issue than strait up Lightwave, but I figured that there may be some cats in here that may be able to help.

I have access to a small network of computers for network rendering.
4 p4 1.5's, and 2 dual xeon 2.4's all running XP Pro.
All the systems on the network are connected threw
2 D-link switches.
The problem I am having, is that some of the nodes are "timing out" and loosing there IP. Thus a render is aborted or we just cannot connect to them threw the network, and the only solution is to reboot them. I understand that this is some type of windows problem combined with using switches on a network.

So, is there anyone here who has run into this type of problem before and have figured out a solution? or should I go take a networking course :P

Thanks in advance,
RJ

trentonia
03-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Actually, what you should do is go to http://www.respower.com and let them do your rendering. It's like having a 500GHz computer. It's fast and cheap which leaves you more time to tweak your animations. And, no I don't work for them. Just trying to help.
greg

Noclar7
03-31-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey, I do use respower, especially if its a large project on a short timeline, but, in the same respect, If I have access to systems in a studio that are sitting Idle I would like to use them as well.

I think I've got this problem narrowed down to a faulty switch..(just got off the phone with Dlink)