PDA

View Full Version : What happened to BloodQuest?

retinajoy
07-22-2004, 08:35 AM
I was following this promising CGI feature "Blood Quest" using Lightwave awhile back, but it seems to have died. A shame really. Maybe they could not get the funding. Just came across their site again and wondered if anyone new what happened to exile films?

http://www.exile-films.com/

mcewan7
07-22-2004, 10:17 AM
I was also looking forward to this, this is what I've found out from other boards, so it's only rumours from a friend of a friend so to speak:

At some point in the development, GW UK pulled out their funding because they had just secured the rights to produce the LOTR games and wanted to throw all their cash into that.

The plan was to return to the bloodquest production after the last LOTR movie had been released or development on the last series of LOTR games had finished.

So allegedly bloodquest is only on hold. But to me it looks unlikely that it will ever get completed now.

retinajoy
07-23-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by mcewan7
So allegedly bloodquest is only on hold. But to me it looks unlikely that it will ever get completed now.

That's a shame. It would be nice to see a full length sci-fi CGI movie done in Lightwave, but a lot better story than Final Fantasy.

EmperorPete
07-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Bloodquest looked extremely promising. I remember reading the comics of the series a while back. It's a shame it doesn't seem to be going anywhere :(