PDA

View Full Version : Audio HELP!!!

nevmoor
07-21-2004, 02:51 PM
I am sending L and R audio into Toaster, I can see inputs for both channels but only see the left on the output side!!!!
HELP!!!!
Need this to work NOW because I have a deadline to meet in studio

Kurt_Henning
07-21-2004, 02:55 PM
power your system down

reseat the audio cables

power back up

nevmoor
07-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Rebooted a couple of times.
I have determined that the audio is getting into the SX8 in stereo
but somewhere/somehow inside the software it is not being output on the right channel. I have swapped cables to verify this.
Everyone has left in disgust. I just knew that the problem wasnt the toaster but alas, I have been proven wrong

nevmoor
07-21-2004, 03:56 PM
I have panned the inputs and it is clear that the right channel input of the toaster is disabled or not functioning properly. Clips with L/R audio playback from DDR just fine but I cant get L/R audio in!!!! Have rebooted more times but still no effect!!
To be more specific, input meters on channel 2 show left and right
have signal, but the main VT3 in shows only left channel. Is it possible to re-assign this somewhere in software??

Paul Lara
07-22-2004, 05:56 AM
Play an external stereo source, while you -gently- slide the audio input cable in and out. The cable can sometimes be pushed in too far, causing one of the channels to lose connection.

hamilton
08-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Should'nt there be two waveform clips for left and right audio? It would make things alot easier. Apparently VT3 merges the L&R channels onto one waveform. The only way that I've found to control the channels individualy is through the clip properties pannel but I still can't separate them visually. I find this very confusing and hard to work with. I hope the upgrade adresses this problem.

Michael Hamilton

mgrusin
08-17-2004, 11:41 AM
If you really need to see left and right on the timeline, you could copy your audio clip (unlock A/V, ctrl-drag) and set the pans for left and right...

-MG.

hamilton
08-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Michael

ScorpioProd
08-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Sorry, but what you suggest will NOT give you L and R waveforms.

The lack of separate L and R waveforms has always been a thorn in my editing, and I really, really hope it is fixed in the next upgrade.

The way it currently is, there is only ONE waveform generated, and it is a MONO sum of the L and R channels, so doing what you suggest won't give you separate L and R at all.

There is NO way to do that in the VT[3] currently, unless you actually RENDER out a wav of each channel separately and then bring them back in as separate WAV files.

Audio support has always been a weakness in the VT[3].

mgrusin
08-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Oops, he's right again. Thanks for the correction Eugene.

Rendering out and re-importing seems to be your best bet.

-MG.

hamilton
08-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the helpfull info. Sure hope Newtek improves this for us. All in all though, VT3 is a great system. I'll admit I've never had experience on any other non-linear editor, but for ease of use and stability it's been great.

Michael