PDA

View Full Version : Caution ! nude architecture

ingo
07-21-2004, 01:00 PM
okay, now that i got your attention. I haven't posted something for a long time so i decided to show two renderings of my actual work.

These two renderings of a foyer are rendered with interpol raydiosity and lots of lights.

ingo
07-21-2004, 01:00 PM

veljko
07-21-2004, 03:01 PM
I like it- clean and realistic
-a bit dull, but hey, its arhitecture:)

adrian
07-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Nice render. The only thing I would say is that the environment looks a little sterile but I suppose that's how you want it.

Adrian.

riki
07-21-2004, 06:27 PM
looks good, I prefer the first one.

ingo
07-22-2004, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the comments, here is the dull original and the reason they want the renovation to be bright and shiny.

Hervé
07-22-2004, 01:39 AM
This is a great render Ingo, glad to see it.... how's business going on....;)

I really understand they wanted more brightness.... you could have turn a bit of reflection on the metallic barriers, but it's also OK like that....

Cheers Ingo
@+;)

ingo
07-22-2004, 06:10 AM
Hi Herve, business is going fine at the moment. That job required me to do 7 renderings, two exterior and five interior, in way to less time.
The barriers and the lift doors are not looking good, but now after the job is finished i managed to get a better texture. I've tried HDR images, but they sometimes make promblems with interpolated raydiosity, same like the BRDF shader.

cheers

Hervé
07-22-2004, 07:02 AM
He He Happy to hear you're doing fine ! Have you tried a free procedural called Radial noise, it is a good alternative to BRDF, as it's not a shader, and can render in F_Prime.... if you use it though....:p and also it is really made for tubes... you have to fiddle a bit though to get nice results.

It is from Andy Nicolas... I think it' free

get it here....

http://www.andynicholas.com/thezone/index.php?area=downloads

Cheers Ingo
ps. if you have new renders, post them.. I' like to see the outside building if it's not secret....

ingo
07-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Well as usual, PC only (Richard, where are you ?), but thanks for the tip. I'll post some of the other pictures later.

ingo
07-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Okay here we go, another interior :

ingo
07-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Hopefully now :

ingo
07-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Better, no an office view :

ingo
07-22-2004, 10:55 AM
And an exterior (gues who is the client of my client, it starts with S ) :

ingo
07-22-2004, 10:57 AM
And a night view (not one of my best though)

Hervé
07-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Those are great Ingo.... I espacially like the inside office... really clean cool texturing... one question .... where did you find the people..?;)

Hervé

ingo
07-23-2004, 01:57 AM
On the internet, i think something called imagebank or ibank, i have no clue. I hate those smart catalog people that look into the camera, but the client wants to have them.

Hervé
07-23-2004, 02:27 AM
I am planning on doing my own.... but I am like you... I really hate those goofy look people....:D

ingo
07-23-2004, 05:43 AM
I have put some new pictures onto my website from a recent very orange project. On the third pic you find some of my "normal" people i photographed myself or got from photos on the internet (use Yahoos picture search, or use the force Luke ;) ), they look way more natural.

Hervé
07-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Cooool stuff... you're working a lot for Emirates projects lately ....:D , cccoooollll ($$ ?)

In fact you're working a loooot in Pre viz market ... woaw !

note... there is a wrong link... click on the fifth little picture in the 3D prev... it takes you in the second project.... the text link is working though....;)

are you modeling all this from scratch.... ?

Really cool lighting on the before last building in Hambourg....

How many pre-viz companies are in Hambourg...

I know one in Luxembourg, he's using XSI... full... aahhh rich boy...

Ingo, what do you think of the image modeled people at lowpolygon3D... I think they sukkk real ly bad the guy says it's suppose to be seen from a distance, but I think that even in a dark tunnel, they suk... and I know why... the guy did not use a multi cam setup, and a low pixel cam probably... I have a project doing so with my Los Angeles buddy partner, but with high def digi cams (8 million pixels-) and shooting the people with 9 cams in the same time....... we sneaked and tried a 3D scanner, but the poly count was UN-managable.... I know they have a system in the Louvre in Paris... and right now they are 3D scanning every piece of art to put them on the internet.... and apparently it's a low poly 3D scanner, that also scan the colors very accuratly....

@+

ingo
07-24-2004, 02:22 AM
I think those lowpoly3d people are the future, they look very convincing and much better than the odd rpc people. The problem with 2d people is to get good shadows, a lot of work later in your image editor.

Ante
07-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Hi Ingo,

nice pictures. Did you use the native renderer or have you worked with FPrime? Is it as cold in Hamburg as in Stuttgart? (What a nice summer ...)

Greets

ante

alblil
07-26-2004, 10:09 PM
ok. what in the world is FPrime

Hervé
07-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Alblil, Go here...

F_Prime site (it's a replacement renderer for LW)

www.worley.com

@+

ingo
07-27-2004, 02:58 AM
Hi Ante, well its not cold, its just not warm :) But we had better wheather here than you in the south, not so much heavy rain.

No fprime here, its at the moment useless for rendering since it doesn't support shadowmaps and many shaders, and i'm not sure if i like the antialiasing. But i keep an eye on it for the future.

Hervé
07-27-2004, 05:08 AM
Is that you on the avatar Ingo.... ? Just curious...

be-Coz of that strange weather this year, I've kinda ruined my vacations,....I went in Normandy one week earlier in July, well we've had one week non stop Rain.... yam's, scrabble....:D :cool:

I guess here in Luxembourg the weather is no better than in Germany, last week, it was cold in Trier....

ingo
07-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Your definitly not a Mac guy Herve ;) Although this guy celebrates birthday on the same day like me, we have nothing in common.

summer's coming guys...

Hervé
07-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Seee, I am typing this on a mac... the PC is ... rendering... !

So you're saying you've blond hair, no beard, thin, tall.... he he.....;) :D

summer is finished for me... snip..:(