PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave shutdown during render when using codec XVID

Dr_Polygon
07-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi all
This is my first post

I have a problem with a personal project and hope that someone can maybe help me

I am rendering a scene and when i use the Xvid codec to render at the 10th frame the lightwave just vanishes, turns off, or crashes not sure how to put it in specific terms but it just turns off. If I render using divx or other the renders completes and doesn't crash.

My main question is what codec settings or codecs should I use for broadcast quality renders?

Any help would be terrific or if you know how to fix my xvid problem that would be good 2

Gordon
07-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Render single frames and use Virtual Dub (http://www.virtualdub.com) to convert the frames into a video. You won't be wasting a lot of time re-rendering frames that way.

Dr_Polygon
07-21-2004, 10:11 AM
thanks
I was wondering how to put the images into a video file. What would be the picture properties. JPG or TIFF etc..

Thanks you have really help me out

Gordon
07-21-2004, 10:23 AM
You're welcome.

Apparently Virtual Dub handles sets of BMP files. I don't know if it will handle sets of jpeg files. Do a little test render first.

UnCommonGrafx
07-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Do it all in lw....
Render the scene as any file lw will save; pngs are great.
Load the image into the background plate of a brand new scene. Set it up to render to the codec of choice. Should work without flaw. If not, it's the codec, or it's setup, most likely.

edit: if the image size isn't divisible by 4 that might be a problem, as well.

Red_Oddity
07-22-2004, 03:15 AM
Xvid and Divx usually don't work, has something to do with the fact that it's a Wavelet codec