PDA

View Full Version : Cg Crashes

nevmoor
07-21-2004, 07:41 AM
For some reason, there are some "funky" links in the templates menu on my CG. Whenever I choose any of these items, CG and toaster crashes. and Some of my links say one thing, but show another template. Is there any way to reset the template menu w/o doing a full install? There have been other problems that are now working well and I dont know if the fixes will stay. This system is in use by several people in a medical institution, so thereare enough problems already keeping it in working order.

RayLarson
07-21-2004, 07:54 AM
My templates are working fine but I have accidently deleted a few and would love to know if I can re-load them without a full re-install. I must say that the CG has come a long way since I first got VT 2 years ago. Also, is there any way to get more templates??

bradl
07-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RayLarson
My templates are working fine but I have accidently deleted a few and would love to know if I can re-load them without a full re-install... You just go to your full install backup you burned to DVD and retrieve them... you do have a full backup right... ;)

I'm sure Newtek wouldn't mind if we emailed or attached a few standard templates, so see if you can determine which ones you're missing or maybe we could compare a list of them here...

RayLarson
07-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. I beleive there are only 2 or 3 missing. I will get descriptions and numbers to you.

I appreciate the offer.

bradl
07-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Attached is a list of my C:\VT3\Skins\CG\Template.cg.Pages folder sorted by type:

bradl
07-21-2004, 02:08 PM
sorry about the PM. will clear it out...

Tim Johnson
07-21-2004, 02:18 PM
There are at least 200 more templates out there. Newtek has a collection of 100 more called the "PEG" collection. Those are similar in nature to the stock VT[3] templates--lots of variety and covering many areas.

There is also a collection called "Genesis" which is available at www.grafficjam.com. I think there is a banner at the top of the page--click on that and you'll see previews of all 100 templates and how easy they are to modify to your own art directions.

Holler if you have any questions. I can be reached at:

tim_at_grafficjam_dot_com

If anyone is interested, I'll check with Newtek to see if I can post some sample images from the templates.

RayLarson
07-21-2004, 02:24 PM
I would be very interested in the PEG group if they were available and the price was reasonable.

Tim Johnson
07-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Call up Newtek--I'm pretty sure the PEG templates are available. I don't know if they have previews on their website or not.

I think 1-800-TOASTER is their toll-free line.

RayLarson
07-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Someone had mentioned $400....a little too steep for me but I will check.

Thanks