PDA

View Full Version : Some plug-ins won't load

MorituriMax
03-30-2003, 11:32 AM
The following buttons give me an error when I click them in LW7.5b, which I just upgraded to from 6.5b.

Quadric
Spherize
Squarize

They give me this error:

Custom operation failed
Cannot load external plug-in file <C:\Lightwave\Programs\Plugins\Model\Mathplot.p>.

The directory is there, the plugin is there, and it even fails when I go and preload it with add plugins.. any clues here.. going to search around, but figured I would post this to cover my bases..

One other guy said his also failed.. posted it to the newsgroup and he responded back..

Rich
04-02-2003, 06:43 PM
I have had some scripts not work with the new 7.5b upgrade. One of my most favorite scripts Poz extender doesn't work. I have also read posts of other scripts not working as well since the upgrade.

Zach
04-03-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah i've noticed POZ doesn't work too.
Also, the darned spreadsheet doesn't want to open up!

It flashes on the screen for a second, then it just dissappears, and then when i press the button again, it just doesn't do anything. Then when i close layout, it gives me a 'program error' message from windows, and tells me to restart it.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before I do an uninstall/reinstall.

Phil
04-04-2003, 04:50 AM
The spreadsheet error I think is known about - especially if you are using config files that came from 6.5 or earlier. You should find a reference to this problem in the support FAQs - there's a line you need to add or delete.

Lynx3d
04-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Well i know that the graph editor not opening is a cfg problem, so guess spreadsheet is the same problem.

But about those plugins...
"Custom operation failed" usually is when the plugin tries to get a global with a too high version and returns "AFUNC_BADGLOBAL", i had this happening when using the 7.5 headers to compile plugins and tried using them with 6.5b...that definitely should not happen with a higher program version than the plugin was designed for...?

Zach
04-04-2003, 05:04 PM
I just reinstalled and everything works fine,
i haven't tried the poz extender yet though.

Drewitz
04-14-2003, 12:23 PM
several lscripts not work with 7.5 b but with 7.5
..this why iam back in 7.5
even the basic, cool aligner script from pictrix not work in 7.5b