PDA

View Full Version : Need help creating plants and morphing!!

dranos
07-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi,
What is the best way to create a corn farm with crops going off into the distance? Is there a plugin that can create trees and plants and have them move randomly by wind at the same time having realistic lighting? I just got this job and I really dont want it to pass me by. I'm an above average lightwave user but I never did anything involving plants and landscapes before. I also need to find out how to morph one object into something completely different. For example morphing an orange into a head or a glass of juice etc. Is there a plugin for this?
Please help.

dranos
07-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Another thing, I need control over leaves and branches like making them sprout. Part of the project involves a plant budding custom objects other than leaves so I also need advice on this part.
Thanks in advance.

NigelH
07-21-2004, 07:02 AM
That's a lot of requests, but this might be a good place to start:

http://www.polas.net/plugins/index.php

Plug-ins for making terrains, grass, trees, twigs, and cloning objects across a surface. Seems like you could use a few of the tools offered here.

As far as morphing oranges to heads, I personally would use a 2D morphing tool - like 'Elastic Reality' back in the day - don't know if it's still around, though. I know Shake has a 2D morphing tool, but your project may not cover the $3000 price tag. There must be a plug-in solution for After Effects somewhere - I haven't looked.

In any case, if you can get your hands on a 2D morphing tool, then it's just a matter of animating each object (with alpha channels) with the same motion/camera move, then blending the two shots with the compositor. Otherwise, you'd have to build morph targets between two entirely different objects using the same number of points, etc... a huge pain.

dranos
07-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks alot. This website seems to offer products that solve to my corn crop problem, however do you know if these plugins allow for leaves or grass blades to react to wind or any kind of random movement? Its sad to know that morphing is such a big deal, I guess thats why its so expensive to have morphing in commercials. I'll have to search for a 2D solution. Can someone direct me to a tutorial that shows how to model a decent cellphone?
Thanks for the help.

dranos
07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Does anyone have experience with Trees and Bolts from Dynamic Realities? It seems to be a more affordable solution but I'm not sure how powerful, flexible and realistic it is. Does anyone use it?