miso popovic
07-19-2004, 05:14 AM
hope u like it :)

miso popovic
07-19-2004, 05:16 AM
the model...

reverie
07-19-2004, 06:45 AM
I don't know much about spaceships, but I think this model is excellent. :) The only thing I would change is the blue line right in the middle. It's a nice effect (did you do it with a manipulated marble texture?), but it detracts from the spaceship.

Jan

adrian
07-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Yes, I was wondering what the line was as well. It looks fine but it detracts from your model as already said.

The texturing is great - I'm guessing that's a UV job?

Very nicely modelled too. The only crit is you want to work on a nice starfield now.

Adrian.

miso popovic
07-19-2004, 12:13 PM
tnx for the reply's :) . The blue line is made with hypervoxels, and it's fazer fire from Dominion ships that are trying to destroy the Defiant :) the texturing is UV's+procedural, and it sadend me coz i was forced to freez my otherwise low poly spline object :)

pierre
07-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Hello! interesting model, if a convicente texture of diffuse and some blows want that I advised to you, needs, meteorite impacts. good work.

veljko
07-20-2004, 03:33 AM
:)
now i love it when the french LWavers buy a bottle of wine to sip while they brows trough the forums:D

a great combination for fuunny posts:)

-GREAT model, kick *** work (then again since youve done it while sittting a computer away from me I knew that allready:) )

python_boot
07-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Nice model on all points...

I actually used to have a plastic model of the Defiant; it hung from my ceiling in my room. It didn't look as good as your 3D model does, that's for sure!

hrgiger
07-22-2004, 07:18 PM
The modeling is really nice. The specular is a bit strong and very even. You need to break that up as well as add more diffuse.

miso popovic
07-23-2004, 02:45 PM
python_boot tnx for nice reply :)
hrgiger-tnx for the reply,yea-maybe it is a bit even/strongish... will see what i can do about that

Rory_L
07-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by miso popovic
the texturing is UV's+procedural, and it sadend me coz i was forced to freez my otherwise low poly spline object :)

Go here, read this and be happy!
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/uvmapping/smart-maps/index.html

...But to be honest, I can`t see why you couldn`t have done all the decals with planar mapping and alphas/ duplicate surfaces. It`s not a game model is it?

Cheers,

R

Martok
07-25-2004, 05:39 PM
As a fan of star trek i saw cool!! i love it ^_^

alblil
07-25-2004, 05:49 PM
looks very nice, it would make for a kwel animation.

Martok- cool avatar i like bebop.

miso popovic
07-26-2004, 04:53 AM
tnx for replys
Rory_L-TNX for that great tutorial! You made my day! tnx! I don't like using so much planar projections coz then if you move the model in modeler the whole thing get's moved in Layout, but i do see how it would of have been easier to do in this case, specialy coz i didn't have that tute and i had to freez the object.Tnx for the advice