PDA

View Full Version : DDR lockup in VT[2], reinitialize?

jnord
07-18-2004, 09:17 PM
A couple of days ago, our Toaster was used for a slide show. They loaded about 400 pictures into a DDR to show on the projection screens. When shutting down the VT[2] program, the computer also shut down. The next time the computer was booted up, a checkdisk was run, and it said everything was okay. The next time VT[2] was run, the "would you like to reset the configuration" question came up, and we clicked "yes". VT[2] will start, but as soon as the link is selected to open a DDR, the program locks up. The other tools (ToasterEdit, ToasterCG, the switcher, audio mixer) all seem to load without problems. Is there a directory somewhere that needs to be cleaned out that might have some corrupt data in it? Is there a way to 'reinitialize' the DDR tool?

Thank you,
John

jnord
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I found the solution to my problem. In the program install directory, I browsed down into the 'userdata' subdirectory to the 'DDR' folder (\VideoToaster2\userdata\<login name>\DDR\). There were subdirectories in this folder for each DDR that had been open. I deleted all the files/folders in this directory. After this, I ran the Toaster software, and the DDRs came up fine.

John