PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who ever did bubbles or foam?

Thomas M.
07-18-2004, 03:54 PM
As I have to achive this look I just wondered if anyone of you out there has ever tried to go into this direction or has the knowledge how to do this. It's for a still and not an animation. Also it's going to be high resolution. So cheating in some rough way isn't the way i can go. Hypervoxels which keep themselves from intersecting each other by using particle emitters and effectors would be a nice try, but unfortunately HV can't be kept from blending into each other (Hasn't this been different with HV 1.0?).

Isn't there a way to use rough spheres instead of HVs and save them out as one object (Let's say 5.000 of them using FX-Linker?).

Please join me in contemplating to find the way ;-).

Cheers
THomas

Silkrooster
07-18-2004, 11:34 PM
What about using the point spray tool and the bubbles tool in modeler. You should have pretty good control over texturing them.
Just a thought
Silkrooster

Thomas M.
07-19-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks for your hint. Actually this can come in handy for cloning spheres with different diameters, but unfortunately it doesn't take care of the physical behaviour of fluids or foam.

If you take a closer look at the crema on top of your espresso or the foam floating on the water while taking a bath, you notice that these bubbles never intersect with each other. And if they do, they become one.

I played around with the particle emitters and achived a mass of particles with different diameters not intersecting each other. But I dont know how to use a small sphere for every particle and save them all out as one object, as I need to continue work in modeler.

Hopefully I don't ask for too much, but if I could save all these spheres I'd be lucky.

But I'm still interested in other solutions (If there are any?)

Thanks so far.