PDA

View Full Version : SketchUp 4.0

mbaldwin
07-17-2004, 09:11 PM
it's out, and it's a notable improvement on an already solid application. It's also priced in the range of the blue-chip LW plug-ins, so maybe think about it that way, and go get yerself a copy.

if you've ever needed to model something even vaguely architectural, check it out at www.sketchup.com. There's a free, fully functional copy to download and try for a few hours. note: this is not an app that comes with a steep learning curve, so breathe easy.

I'd be curious to hear others opinions about the new release.

-m.

>>boy, I'm re-reading this post and sound like I'm employed by At Last software. sorry for the market-y endorsement of their product!

mokba
07-17-2004, 10:49 PM
I upgraded to 4.0 and have been nothing but happy about it. Two things really make this version for me, 'follow me' which allows you to extrude along a path and cutting operations (read booleans here). The tool still remains a way to do quick studies for massing and materials for me but I am now starting to do this on architectural interiors also. 4.0 is a definate must if you plan to use this tool to its max. mokba

cresshead
07-19-2004, 02:45 PM
yeah i keep looking at sketchup...love it's simplicity and sketch style and workflow.