PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8 & ZBrush...do they work together?

jclarrey247
07-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Newbie to modelling with Lightwave and I downloaded the ZBrush demo to test it out. Anyone out there used both together? How well do Models created in ZBrush work in LIghtwave? How do you use both? Trying to decide if the program is worth buying or just keep working on learning Lightwave completely. I just like what I have seen them building in ZBrush as far as detail and the way it works like Clay. BUT is it just that I havent fully explored all there is in Lightwave yet and I really dont need ZBrush?

If you dont know what ZBrush is you can find it at www.pixelogic.com

Thanks for your thoughts on this....
J.

bloontz
07-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Using the .obj format you can easily move models between zbrush and lightwave. You can use projection master in zbrush to paint uv textures and dispalcement maps that can be exported and used in lightwave. Lightwave doesn't support subpixel displacement but the displacement maps will work well with the displacement plugin written by Lynx3d available at flay.com. He also wrote a plugin to import the 16bit maps from zbrush. Zbrush is a great addition if you can afford it, play with the demo and see if it suits your needs.