PDA

View Full Version : Color channels not saving

ALEPH1
03-29-2003, 09:06 PM
I am having a strange problem occur whenever I try to use envelopes for a surface colour in either Modeler or Layout. The only information that is stored is the red channel no matter what I do.

I have tried numerous approaches, from keying the colour channel and saving the object as a new object, to saving the channel data and applying it to another object and it will only ever save the red channel data.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

ALEPH1
03-29-2003, 10:05 PM
It seems that with complex models involving a variety of surfaces there is a chance of corruption. I deleted all surface from the object and rebuilt each one from scratch and there is no problem now. At least there is a solution, albeit a very frustrating one!

ALEPH1
03-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Okay, it happened again, when the model reaches a certain complexity it begins to drop channel data in a random order. Some surfaces lose red key frames, others blue, others green and some a combination of two. The only key frame that remains is one for frame 0, though sometimes its value shifts to a random number.

If anyone has experienced this please let me know. Or if anyone would mind looking at the model I am having problems with I can post it up.

Thanks.