PDA

View Full Version : Free Trial / Learning Edition?

Elliott Hill
07-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi i got my first taste of animation on Thursday and loved it brilliant.

So i was just wondering if there is anywhere i can get a free copy of for learning light wave? At them moment im having to try and learn Maya, but fro my experience on thursday i prefer lightwave, so my question is there a free edition like Mayas?

Signal to Noise
07-16-2004, 04:24 PM
There is. It's called "Discovery Edition". Unfortunately you won't be able to get it through NewTek until they finish making the new demo for [8]. If you don't mind an older version of the demo then pick up a copy of Dan Ablan's Inside LightWave [7] which includes the Discovery Edition.

Have fun!

Gordon
07-17-2004, 11:16 AM
FWIW, LW8 runs in 'Discovery Edition' mode until you get the full version with a dongle.

However, I just talked to my sales rep. and they would prefer that we not send a copy of the LW 8 CD now and want us to wait till they finish the actually Discovery Edition for LW8.

art
07-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Discovery Edition also comes with the new Inside Lightwave [8] book by Dan Ablan which is a smart buy by itself.
I haven't tried the software on the dvd included with the book. Can someone confirm it is a discovery edition of LW[8]?

EDIT:

I checked, and unfortunately I was wrong. The LW[8] book doesn't seem to be containig any version of lightwave discovery edition. I must have misread it somewhere.