PDA

View Full Version : Ref map dissappears on object replace?

fgreen
07-14-2004, 06:57 AM
Greetings and thanks in advance for any help you can give!

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or I'm missing something.

Does anyone know if the Reflection Map on the Enviroment tab of the surface editor is saved as part of the surface name or file?

I have a morphing sequence of .lwo's with a surface that includes a reflection map on the environment tap of the surface panel. Ray tracing + spherical map is enabled.

However when advancing frames and rendering, the next object in the sequence is loaded with the ref map image set to "none". The image filename is still in the pull-down list, but "none" is selected. If I manually set the image for each frame/object in the sequence, it renders OK, but I have a LOT of frames.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm looking for a fix or work-around.

Also to you LScript guru's, could this enviroment ref map be loaded with LScript? I went through the LScript command reference last night, but could find no specific command or property for the items on the enviroment tab of the surface panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have a LOT of frames to render to avoid having a very unhappy customer.

P.S. I tried this in both 7.5 and 8, with the same result. It just seems really weird to me that the surface would be retained, as the objects are replaced each frame, but the enviroment/image attribute would be lost.

Mylenium
07-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Of course this is saved with the surface and can be remedied easily! What is stopping you from loading multiple objects of your sequence, then using "Edit by Scene" in the surface editor? and saving them again?

Mylenium

fgreen
07-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Mylenium, Thanks for taking the time to reply.

All the objects have the same surface name and I already had the edit by scene selected when saving the surface with the first object loaded-- thought that should be enough, but I guess not.

I'll load all 500 (from Realflow) at the same time and save the surface again. Thanks for the tip-- I had a mental block on this one!