PDA

View Full Version : [LW8] Fading stars

PeglaSkunk
07-14-2004, 03:14 AM
Greetings,

Currently I am working for a commercial where you have a packshot (floating DVD box) with an emitter going around it, emitting little stars (think Disney stars), lifespan and all have been set properly , however when the particles dissapear the little stars "pop" away, and I want them to fade away.

I've tried the dissolve option at Hypervoxels, however they are for the entire batch, not just one particle. So how can I make the particles dissolve away in, lets say 5 frames at the end of their life span?

I've attached an image of the particles to give you an idea of what I am working on.

With regards,

PeglaSkunk

Matt
07-14-2004, 05:04 AM
You're nearly there, dissolve is what you want to use, but you need to setup a gradient to control when the dissolve happens.

Imagine your stars had a particle lifespan of 30 frames and you want them to fade away 5 frames before the end of their life.

The gradient input parameter (and by all means play with the other options) would be set to 'Particle Age'.

You would then set up 3 keys at 0, 25 and 30, with the (dissolve) values set to 0%, 0% and 100% respectively.

Like this:

PeglaSkunk
07-14-2004, 08:37 AM
Ah thanks! Works like a charm.

Kudos to you :D

Cheers,

PeglaSkunk

Matt
07-14-2004, 09:23 AM
You're welcome!

:)