PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring Glitch???

danielh68
03-29-2003, 11:16 AM
Hi

I'm fairly new to Lightwave and I'm starting my first character model. So far I have done the head and body while using the mirroring tool at times. I haven't had any problems until I began modelling the shoes. I created one shoe then mirrored it; however, the mirrored shoe contains a few sharp angular artifacts. The link below will provide a snapshot of what I'm trying to convey:

http://www.blitzdesign.net/concept_art/mirror.jpg

Can anyone inform on what this is and what I can do to resolve the problem? I'm currently working under 7.0. If it's a bug, I can upgrade. I would just like to know.

Thanks,
Dan

hrgiger
03-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Select the one of the points that are giving you the weird artifact. Look at the bottom of the screen and make sure that you don't have 2 points in the same spot. If you do, hit m to merge them. Alos switch to weight shade mode and make sure they don't have weights applied to them making them more angular.

You have 7? Why don't you have 7.5? It's a free upgrade.

danielh68
03-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Thanks, HRGiger.

It works!

The reason I haven't upgraded to 7.5 is:

1.) I'm just starting, so I don't know if I would even recognize the upgrade's improvements.

2.) It seems I always read a post concerning problems with upgrading. Is it pretty much d/l click and install? Do I need to point it to the 7.0 directory?

Anyhow, thanks for you help. Much appreciated.

-Dan