PDA

View Full Version : File Dialogues

CAClark
07-13-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm having issues with LW[8] where I am setting it to use the VB File Requester, but after closing modeller, it alwasy reverts back to the windows ones. I have tried addign and removing the line smanually and it never remembers.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

riki
07-14-2004, 02:41 AM
I've never been a big fan of the 'VB File Requester' . What kind of system are you working on? Is there some kind of issue with File Permissions? Are you sure you don't have multiple copies of pref/config files and not using old ones from LW7??

CAClark
07-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Hey Riki

Oddly, using 7.5 at work where file permissions are tightly controlled, it workswell, but on my machine at home using 8, it doesn't. I have checked the time stamp on my configs, and it is the 8 configs being updated when I quit modeller..... but it just never remembers. I use 'picky' as my color picker, and it registers that ok and remembers, just the file dialogues revert back to windows. My purpose in using the VB ones is the rudimentary favourites functionality.

Cheers!

riki
07-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Have you tried trashing the config files (keep a backup just in case). They might be corrupted.