PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using XKeys ?????

Jim Capillo
03-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Has anyone had any success using XKeys with the Toaster ? Looks like a cool tool - if it works.......

http://www.xkeys.com/product/pxkeditor.htm

I did a search here but didn't find anything.:cool:

SBowie
03-29-2003, 01:28 PM
Interesting looking product, but isn't it Mac only?

Jim Capillo
03-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by SBowie
Interesting looking product, but isn't it Mac only?

Steve,

It says it can be used with Windows/PC OEM programs.

After reading a bit further, it seems that the unit has a "learn" function in which the software allows you to input keystrokes on the regular keyboard and assign them to buttons/jog on the unit. 900 keystrokes seem to be the limit, but that would seem to cover all of the possible combos for T2 (and 3?).

I may give them a call and see if anyone has used it with the Toaster.

Anyone at Newtek heard of this ? Paul ?????

PIZAZZ
03-30-2003, 12:41 AM
Yes actually we use it all the time. Works quite well.

Basically think of both their Xkeys products as simple programmable keyboards. If you find yourself not remembering all those shortcuts then memorize them into an XKey and label the key to do any sort of macro type shortcut.

They also have some other interesting products that could work well with Toaster. After visiting with Aussie at dealer training for a while about hardware control, I am convinced that Toaster control is going to get very interesting.

Jef

Jim Capillo
03-30-2003, 06:54 AM
Very good! Looks like I'll order one on Monday. Although I have a custom keyboard now, the letters are so small that they are basically unreadable (due to advanced age!) and this also makes typing in the CG nearly impossible.

Did you get the jog/shuttle to work ?

SBowie
03-30-2003, 08:41 AM
Jim, please keep us all apprised when you get it.

PIZAZZ
03-30-2003, 10:25 AM
The problem with the shuttle is the resolution. It basically repeats the key that is assigned to it as you turn it. So if you assign for instance "G" when you turn it left. It just keeps repeating G until you release. Not exactly a true jog shuttle controller like you are invisioning.

I do know for a fact that the Shuttle Pro will be fully compatible with Toaster 3. Aussie has shown me some pretty cool things he has done with it. I would save your money on the Jog/Shuttle setup and buy just the large XKeys or the new XKeys stick. That is unless you want the look of the Jog/Shuttle with it.

my thoughts,

Jef