PDA

View Full Version : Motion script : After IK?

VodkaBoy
07-13-2004, 02:52 AM
Reading the example in the reference doc for the bone flex it sets flags to 'After IK', however in practise this just gives me 'illegal flag type' errors.

Anyone know what am i doing wrong or how to get a motiion script to act after IK?

Cheers
VB

Dodgy
07-13-2004, 04:09 AM
flags
{
if (ikchoice==true)
{
return AFTERIK;
}
else
{
return;
}
}

There you go :)

VodkaBoy
07-13-2004, 06:35 AM
Fantastic!

That works a treat.

Cheers Dodgy!

harlan
07-14-2004, 12:29 AM
You people and your knowledge make me sick!!!! ;)

I'm going back into my cave, ne'er to return til the rest of the world dumbs down to my level!!!

You guys are all pretty amazing.

fortress
07-16-2004, 04:38 PM
as far as the after ik flag what all does that do i mean i get the bassics of it

but i have noticed that the match goal options still wont give the correct info for bones
well at least in the unreal export written by micheal bristol
when i ask about this i was told that the match goal info gets added to the ik calc after everything else no mater what including motion plugs so the data that is need to export animation correctly is not given to the exporter which is a motion plugin

ok i know that was a bit off topic and a bit on but just trying to find a way around this issue

Dodgy
07-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Your could get the HPB of the goal item instead....

fortress
07-17-2004, 12:40 AM
thats what i was thinking but havent tried it yet

thanks for the tip

Dodgy
07-17-2004, 06:42 AM
If you use simple orient constraint, this can be baked to thje bone with motion baker, and gives the correct values for the bone also.

Castius
07-20-2004, 12:45 PM
I use orient contraint as well. The only problem you have to keep in mind is that it doesn't support record pivoit rotation. I have choosen to not use RPR at all in my rigs to prevent any issues with them. You can look at my rig i set up for my game.

Steelronin Rigging (http://www.steelronin.com/index.php?page=downloads&content=rigging&tmenu=TMgames )