PDA

View Full Version : Info for Animation UV Cycler

firstsingle
07-12-2004, 09:19 PM
I've looked in the LW 8 PDF and The new help System but, I can't find any info on Animating UV's. Am I missing something?

bloontz
07-12-2004, 09:46 PM
In the Texture Editor if you assign a UV map you will get a dropdown menu where you can select "Animation UV Cycler". This will enable the "Anim UV Options" button which allows you to enter cycles per second for u and v. I haven't tried it but it seems pretty straight forward.

FONGOOL
07-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Okay, I'll boldly display my total ignorance here...

What would you possibly use this for? -Besides randomly screwing up your textures for some kind of insane psychadelic transporter accident effect, I mean...

In A Gadda Da Vida, baby!

firstsingle
07-13-2004, 05:29 AM
Hey bloontz and FONGOOL.
Thanks for the reply's. Yeah I was just wondering what it could be used for. In a nutshell, if I created five texture maps for an eye, Using this plug-in would allow me to cycle through them at a fixed rate?

bloontz
07-13-2004, 07:53 AM
I think you would do that by mapping an animated texture to the eye? I think the animated UV thing is for making the texture move around the object. You can think of u or v roughly as horizontal and vertical so if you have a cylinder and you have a band of polys UVed around the circumference of the cylinder, you could cause the band to rotate around the cylinder to give the effect of say a moving part in a mechanical apparatus. This is just my guess as to how it works, I havent tried it.

firstsingle
07-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by bloontz
I think you would do that by mapping an animated texture to the eye? I think the animated UV thing is for making the texture move around the object. You can think of u or v roughly as horizontal and vertical so if you have a cylinder and you have a band of polys UVed around the circumference of the cylinder, you could cause the band to rotate around the cylinder to give the effect of say a moving part in a mechanical apparatus. This is just my guess as to how it works, I havent tried it.

AH yes. I get it. Thanks bloontz!
Peace.

PaQ
01-19-2005, 04:05 PM
/ Request

Why don't just add an envelope editor to control the uv offset. Because the actual uv cycler controller is way to limited :S

/

... and I didn't find any alternative .p to control this so far :(

(this uv animation is quite usefull to prepare/preview games fx ^^)

walkinginspace
11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
How do you add a enevolpe to the UV offset? I looked all over the place.

steve

Dodgy
11-08-2005, 03:07 PM
I think it's more of an example rather than being very useful :P
I would like to see the position and scale and rotation controls for textures usable with a uv map so you can scale rotate and move the texture... That would be well useful :)