PDA

View Full Version : Tornado/Hurricane

spartan2
07-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey Ho looking to build a tornado, twister thingy and been trying to find some guidance as im newish to LW.

Anyone know a good location for a tutoial on how to build a realistic tornado? (looked at the tutorial NewTek Supply buts its not complete)

Then a good tutorial to build trees etc and how to get them to react to the tornado?

Debris and the best way to create it?

I noticed that LW8 has a good way of breaking apart objects (forget the name for it but was a cool video on a robot jumping on top of another one and it breaking apart). Could this be used in the same principal of a tornado going through a building?

Thanking you.

wizlon
07-13-2004, 10:39 AM
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25509

spartan2
07-13-2004, 01:58 PM
ive already seen that and it doesnt help too much, thanks tho

Hoopti
07-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Actually, that thread is pretty good to use. There isn't one that I'm aware of that says do this and press that. You actually have to get in and work with the basics.

No clue as to the trees to help on that one.

If you're looking to break something apart, the best route I've found is C4 which you can find on flay. It works like a charm.

spartan2
07-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Ill give it a bash and then just post on here when I get stuck, lets just hope my computer can handle processing so much information :S

sheidi
07-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Well, if you have a nice succeed, post us info what did you do and show us the result. I was thinking of trying to do twister also awhile back, but didnt get any help and didnt succeed on doing what I was trying to do. Generally I wanted to deform the path the tornado goes. Like twisting it in the middle, I tried using spline control, but didnt have too much luck in that...

spartan2
07-23-2004, 04:06 AM
ok ive been messing about for a bit and got some good results and rendered a small animation.. however i managed to cut the bottom of it by accident :(

You can download an avi of what ive done so far here:

Twister.avi (1.1mb) (http://www.cheekysquirrel.com/twister.avi )

The bottom of it does twist and move about which you cant really see in the movie, the debris isnt coming infront of the twister very well but thats because of my placement and size

Hoopti
07-25-2004, 09:40 PM
That's lookin good. Wish I could see the whole thing but what I saw is a great start!