PDA

View Full Version : Sweet KAZE'

theo
07-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Kaze Ghost Warrior is sweet.... BUT I WANT MORE..... waaaaahhahah!!

Its to dang short Albee. What the heck man, git yer little booty back on this baby cuz I wanna see more Kaze. :D

Seriously though the limitations are understood- but the story is so good that this DVD needs to be a feature film.

The visuals are quite moving and very well done. The animal animation and texturing really grabs the mind in terms of building a cohesive visual experience.

Well done Tim!!

Buy the DVD guys.

Rich
07-12-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm still waiting to receive my copy. I ordered it a couple of months ago. I think I should be geting it any day now.

Signal to Noise
07-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Waiting for mine too...

Got an email basically saying "Soon, Grasshopper, soon.";)

theo
07-12-2004, 04:28 PM
I think Tim also really benefited the community with the two DF flows he has installed on the DVD as well as a couple of LW scenes.

The flows really help solidy in my mind that I am on the right track with the way I use DFX+ with my own projects rather than really shedding tremendous light on technique. This was actually really encouraging in my little world here because I work in a way similar to Tim's.

I have watched the DVD several times now and am convinced that Tim is a real, honest-to-goodness artist. The attention to detail with the facial movements and the way the fur on the CG animals flows and moves is just stunning.

After I read his book and saw what this guy went through to pull this off I have NOTHING critical to say about this guy and his movie.

hazmat777
07-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Got my DVD today.
Wow.
I was really suprised at the look and feel. Or should I say the way the feelings look.
Lots to think about now...
Lovely work, Timothy.
Thank You.

Wickster
07-12-2004, 11:20 PM
awesome work indeed! i just finished watching my copy this very minute...1 question though the trailer contained some scenes i didn't see on the film. plus the book "CGI Filmaking" contains more scenes also not in the movie...a part 2 in the making perhaps? :)

WilliamVaughan
07-13-2004, 10:38 AM
The truly amazing part is after you watch the killer animation stop and think that this is 22+ minutes of character animation created by one guy in 6 months.....:eek:

kurv
07-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone!!!

The DVD's are shipping out as fast as we can get them out... :)

A lot of Canadian, German and UK orders went today... and TON on US orders went out Monday... and I have more in my truck for US today ;)

Thanks to everyone for your patience with us... shipping this many DVD's, packing, postage, etc is a lot of work...

Let me just say... I HATE the post office, in this technically advanced time there HAS to be a better way for people to do postage for mass orders... :rolleyes:

Anyway... we showed Kaze at the Industry Giants show last weekend... a huge crowd skipped part of there lunch to watch it... very good reception.

When some studio guys came over to ask a few questions about it they were floored that Tim did 23 minutes of animation in 6 months... I think there exact words were "thatís insane"..!

Anyway... DVD's are goign out daily, if you have ANT questions please email me at [email protected]

and again, thanks!!!

Wickster
07-13-2004, 02:36 PM
this is 22+ minutes of character animation created by one guy in 6 months.....

i know... this is probably the most inspiring movie i had ever seen. it really does what it aimed to do. really inspire you to make your own little movie and proves that what we have right now (LW, DFX+, computer, etc.) is pretty much equal to what big animation houses have. we just have to add our own desire and passion to follow through...and i'm here stuck in a dead end job.

help me!:(

j_j
07-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Oh man it's out, the book was such an inspiration I can't believe I didn't preorder this. Ordering now.

theo
07-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Not sure what's wrong with that WordWare guy... If I had an ANT question I certainly am not going to be asking him.

kurv
07-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by theo
Not sure what's wrong with that WordWare guy... If I had an ANT question I certainly am not going to be asking him.

Hey "t" is right next to "y" doen't close count ;)

Thanks everyone... hey btw there is an awesome interview with Timothy over at rendernode.com you shoudl check it out... I already started a thread on it so please post any replies there :)

Worked very late last night and goot all the orders out and any orders placed yesterday also went out today... were shipping very quickly now. I think I have gotten the hang of this ;)

lesterfoster
07-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by wordwarepub
Thanks everyone!!!

:) I am impressed by all of the comments about KAZE. However I do not know what you all are talking about. Do you have a link to a website that you can post hear?:)