PDA

View Full Version : Camera people..

lesterfoster
07-11-2004, 09:30 PM
I have a VideoTOASTER (3) with the breakout box <BOB>.

What I need is good camera people to help me with my live video productions. So far I have made good just by picking some one and putting a camera in to there hands.

But what I think would help is if I had some good camera people to help me. How do I fined good camera people?

I know that I am only as good as those who help me. So I am looking for camera people who are better than me.

And I am hoping that some of them want to try the VideoTOASTER switching so I can go on the camera once in a while.

ted
07-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Although I've never turned over my camera work to any of them, a good place to find young talented people is the High Schools and Colleges that have TV or Broadcast courses. I've gotten some really good production Assistants.

tfrank
07-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Another source of people, is to contact your local TV stations-Cable production outlets. Many folks like the extra pay for some after hours work as long as it doesn't conflict with their employment agreements.

gosmond
07-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Cable is a good idea. If you go on the web and look up Cable Access - many cable companies give free classes for public access. You can find where they give the courses and post a help wanted there. While not comprehensive courses, people who get 'certified' are taught how to use switchers, cameras, tapes, sound etc. I've taken a course near me and also found hungry helpers looking to learn more!