PDA

View Full Version : Trouble loading .avi

firstsingle
07-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Hey fellas. I have a shot i'm working on. The shot is match moved and I wanna bring the footage into Lightwave for effects insertion. The shot is in .avi format and shows up blank in LW. I ran it through Mirage also, with no luck. Is there any known way to get LW to recognize this file?

JamesCurtis
07-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Is the file playable in Widows Media Player? Also, you need to be sure that the proper codec for it is installed in Windows. I had problems with AVI files captured from my Digital8 camcorder not loading or showing up until I had loaded Lightwave's DVView plugin. Other than that I don't have a clue what the problem might be.

firstsingle
07-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Hey JamesCurtis. The file plays fine on my PC. it opens up in Windows Media Player however, It doesn't load into Lightwave. I have Lightwave's DvView Plug-In. What's the importance of having DvView Plug-in? and how can I use it to my advantage?

The thing is, Lw doesn't even see these avi files. I go to the folder where they are and it's a ghost folder. The video is there but, undetected by Lightwave.:confused:

My Mac version of LW sees them but wont open them:confused:

Silkrooster
07-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Make sure you select for file type all files. To my knowledge LW does not automatically see the avi extention. So you need to tell it to view all files. There is suppose to be a way of adding the avi extention to your config file. Perhaps someone could shed a little light on how, as it escapes my memory at the moment.

firstsingle
07-17-2004, 01:26 AM
Hey Silkrooster. I'll try that when I get to my PC and I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks.