PDA

View Full Version : New "Jimmy Neutron" movie on Nickelodeon

jevinstudios
07-10-2004, 09:06 PM
If ya wanna check out some kewl LightWave animation, the brand new "Jimmy Neutron" movie, "Win, Lose and Kaboom" (by DNA Productions) will be shown in an encore presentation Sunday afternoon, July 11, on Nickelodeon (check your local listings for time). Saw it tonight -- very well done, and lotsa fun!

Nemoid
07-11-2004, 03:57 AM
I'm very jealous of u guys that can watch this movie in the US while i am in Italy and can't!!

I like Jimmy Neutron so much and the first movie was made with Lw and Messiah and was one of the best animation works i've seen together with Pixar works and Ice Age from Sky Blue. unfortunately it was not so well distributed here in Italy.

incidentally: is this last movie made still with Lw? i read somewhere that the team was using Maya for its latest productions... :(

jevinstudios
07-11-2004, 07:11 AM
They have added Maya, Houdini, XSI, Renderman and ZBrush to the toolset for "The Ant Bully" feature film, but the Jimmy Neutron productions were still primarily done with LightWave & Messiah, and are top-notch (the best character animation for broadast TV in the industry)!!

LW will always be a major player in this studio (to the best of my knowledge) -- they're lookin' for Modelers & Layout artists with LW skills for the new feature right now.....

Would like to see NewTek arrange another interview with John A. Davis to get an update on LightWave's integration with the new set-up, how it's used in the "Ant Bully", and where it sits in their future Broadcast TV and film pipelines (how about it, guyz?).

I'm collecting the whole JN series on DVD as they come out, and will definitely get this movie too when it's released! For those in the US and Canada, this is a must-see.....

PS -- Any guyz out there from DNA that hit this forum?

lesterfoster
07-11-2004, 09:52 PM
I bought Jimmy Neutron so I could see my first DVD with my new DVD recorder.. It was a good price. No I mean the DVD recorder. However I found out that I can not watch DVD movies with my new DVD recorder an tell I buy more software for it. And I cant even make a DVD without buying new software. What a B****er. I can understand that they want more money to make DVD's. But I should be able to watch a DVD with it. I like Jimmy Neutron. And I have the DVD. But I still have not seen it.

Any one know if there is a driver that I could download that well let me watch DVD's with my new DVD recorder?
It is a <LG> DVD recorder.I should have bought it from my toaster rep.

Rich
07-12-2004, 07:44 AM
This movie isn't considered a sequel to the first Jimmy Neutron movie is it? I was looking on awn's site and they have down that Jimmy Neutron 2 will be in theaters in 2005. Here is the info from the site.

JIMMY NEUTRON 2

Release Date: TBD, 2005
Distribution: Paramount Pictures
Production: DNA Studios, O Ent, Nickelodeon Pictures
Director(s): John A. Davis

This film will be the second feature in the Jimmy Neutron franchise, which most likely will have the boy genius out to save Earth.

Nemoid
07-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Great! i am happy to know they use Lw & Messiah still for it. actually they seem to use many tools, but results is what's important. I agree with u about the animation quality for sure, JN is one of the best products i ever saw in 3D animation and this new movie is going to be kick *****.

Go DNA go!! :)

Originally posted by jevinstudios
They have added Maya, Houdini, XSI, Renderman and ZBrush to the toolset for "The Ant Bully" feature film, but the Jimmy Neutron productions were still primarily done with LightWave & Messiah, and are top-notch (the best character animation for broadast TV in the industry)!!

LW will always be a major player in this studio (to the best of my knowledge) -- they're lookin' for Modelers & Layout artists with LW skills for the new feature right now.....

Would like to see NewTek arrange another interview with John A. Davis to get an update on LightWave's integration with the new set-up, how it's used in the "Ant Bully", and where it sits in their future Broadcast TV and film pipelines (how about it, guyz?).

I'm collecting the whole JN series on DVD as they come out, and will definitely get this movie too when it's released! For those in the US and Canada, this is a must-see.....

PS -- Any guyz out there from DNA that hit this forum?

jevinstudios
07-12-2004, 09:07 AM
There was nothing on DNA's site to suggest an upcoming JN theatrical movie, only a focus on "The Ant Bully" in that arena (who knowz -- maybe this movie was originally slated for theatrical release, but shown as a Nickelodeon movie special instead?). Curious -- more inspiration for NewTek to snag another John A. Davis interview -- hint hint.

Any one know if there is a driver that I could download that well let me watch DVD's with my new DVD recorder?

Try downloading and installing "InterVideo Win DVD". I had to do this for my HP NW8000 Mobile Workstation, and it works great! the only catch is that it's no longer free (as it was a few months ago). Costs about $69 USD. But, if you're on Win 98, 2000, NT, or XP, this is the best DVD playing utility out there. Or, check with your computer's manufacturer to see if they can guide you to a free DVD playing utility or driver (if you've got a support warranty, use it.)

mattatdna
07-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Just a quick note, we use Maya for the rigging and animation on the TV series. Modelling, lighting and texture is done in LW.

jevinstudios
07-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Just a quick note, we use Maya for the rigging and animation on the TV series. Modelling, lighting and texture is done in LW.

Thanx, Matt, for the correction! Out of curiosity, when did DNA give up the messiah/LW combo in favor of Maya for rigging and animation? Really appreciate the input (as this is one of my favorite TV shows, and a true inspiration as a 3D artist!).....

robewil
07-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Just curious, which program does the rendering?

mattatdna
07-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Hey Guys,

Glad to offer up any info I can. We made the switch over to Maya/LW at the very start of the TV series so everything you've seen on the series has been that pipeline.

The rendering is done in LW, we have a propriatary exporter that outputs our Maya info back into LW....our coders rock!!! :)

jevinstudios
07-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey, Matt --

Thanx so much for your input! I apologize for posting some incorrect info with my Messiah/LW association -- your willingness to provide some deeper insight on the DNA/Jimmy pipeline is greatly appreciated!

For the record, I must say that you guyz at DNA really do an awesome job -- I truly love your work, and am an avid fan of the JN franchise (and will be out on opening day to catch "The Ant Bully"!).

You're too kewl. Thanx again.

mattatdna
07-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback...yeah, I'm pretty darn lucky to be working with such a talented and dedicated group of people. I'm constantly impressed with what this crew manages to generate week after week...plus hearing you all talk about how much you like it, that's just icing on the cake...that and the fact that my 3 year old daughter can quote most of the shows. :D

jevinstudios
07-12-2004, 05:18 PM
my 3 year old daughter can quote most of the shows.

So can I -- I'm a little kid trapped in a 38 year old body. I love Jimmy Neutron, and tune into Nickelodeon every Saturday and Sunday morning. Also watch the DVD's when I'm working..... You can't beat this stuff -- the best in the biz!

Nemoid
07-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Hey thanx for the cool infos Matt ! i'm really happy you guys are using Lw for the most part of the work and i really enjoyed the first movie, wich is the only one of your products i saw here in Italy.

I'm planning to buy the series dvds if there are ones, and waiting for the new movie as well. :)

Actually i was hoping to see Jimmy serialized from some generalistic (not sat) TV here in Italy, but didn't arrive for now.

TVchannels here quite suck regarding new animated shows for sure.

Jimmy Rocks!! :)