PDA

View Full Version : article about luxology

Hervé
03-29-2003, 12:47 AM
Go to CG Channel.......:o

And after reading, what do you think about all that....

CTRL+X
03-29-2003, 12:55 AM
think there is nothing new

Hervé
03-29-2003, 01:09 AM
nothing new...? hum, let's see.....

Hervé
03-29-2003, 01:12 AM
.... they will impact the world.....

(after siggraph.... he he)

Meaty
03-29-2003, 01:33 AM
i wont deny being curious, that is for sure, i dont think all those coders are there playing black jack =]

markus
03-29-2003, 04:24 AM
Hmm, after Siggraph - let me see: The Linux rendernode was announced at Siggraph 2002 for Q3/2002 which then ended up being released some 5 month later...
I'm not too exited yet.

Beamtracer
04-01-2003, 07:20 PM
For those who can't find the CG-channel story, you can get it here:
http://www.cgchannel.com/news/showfeature.jsp?newsid=1222

A couple of interesting points. The big one is that Arnie Cachelin has jumped ship from Newtek to Luxology. What does this mean?

Luxology won't release anything until after Siggraph. I was hoping this whole saga would resolve earlier than that. I can't wait until both Newtek and Luxology reveal what's going on so we know where we stand.

Luxology's website (www.luxology.net) leaves no doubt that they had nothing to do with Lightwave 7.5B:

Quote from Luxology:
"NewTek has recently released a maintenance update for LightWave 3D. LightWave 7.5b includes several bug fixes enhanced LScriptTM Language, a Linux Renderer, a new spline tool, surface blending a much more! Available now and free! (Currently the Mac version has been removed from the download page to clear up some sort of technical problem. No estimated release date has been announced to our knowledge)."

Obviously Luxology has no idea about what releases are coming from Newtek.

My apologies: I didn't realize there is another thread about this topic in the Lightwave Community section:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2547&pagenumber=1
I will continue the discussion on that other thread.